Do you own an authentic jersey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you own an authentic jersey?

Just asking how many people own jerseys.
    I own a MLB jersey
    68.92%
    I don't own a MLB jersey but I have one from another sport
    17.57%
    I don't own any jerseys
    13.51%
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Originally posted by nascarfn5
    Just asking how many people own jerseys.
    i currently own two authentic jerseys: Kerry Wood and Mark Prior (Pinstriped home for Wood, Alternate home for Prior). I own an Ernie Banks throwback, but its not a true authentic.

Comment

Here's mine...

Comment

1982 St. Louis Cardinals Cooperstown Classic.

Comment

Own the authentic Red Sox alternate Red Home jersey worn on Sundays. No name or number on the back (of course they don´t have names on their home jerseys anyway). I have it framed hanging on my wall . Bought it after thegame against the Braves on May 22 when Clement pitched a complete game and the Sox won 5-2 after a Manny HR. First baseball game live ever for me. What an experience.
          Last edited by LetsGoMurphys; 01-06-2006, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Billy Williams, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays and Doc Gooden.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I got These.

And i got these.

Comment

I got the one below (Russel Athletic) and a pull over jersey of Cuba(authentic though).
                Attached Files

Comment

I have an Albert Pujols home replica jersey.

Comment

I have a Cardinals home replica Jersey from Majestic; I also have 3 nfl replica jersey:
                    Terrell Owens (green, Eagles)
                    Marshall Faulk (white, Rams)
                    Keyshawn Johnson (red, Buccaneers superbowl season)

Comment

ive got a couple, as noted in the signature portion of this post, and all are authentic except for Jenkins, which was a gift. it wasnt a cheap collection to put together, and the contents of my den was the primary motivation behind getting a good home security system.

ive also got Singletary, Dent, and Perry jerseys, but they hang in my closet with the rest of my clothes. only the Cubs jerseys get the special treatment.
                      Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Here's my other one...

Comment

Stupid me, not reading the poll options. I do have another jersey, but haven't worn it in about 6 years!

As a kid, I always wanted this one:

But I got this one which I loved anyway:

For the football-uninitiated, that guy is Peter Schmeichel, who (as I mentioned in the 'Who Are You?' thread on whichever board it was) is one of my heroes, especially during my football goalkeeping years.

In fact, I had that entire black and green strip. The team I used to play for let me wear it during matches for the simple reason it doesn't matter what goalkeepers wear during games as long as it's different from the rest of the team - this way was cheaper than me getting a kit from the team.

I even used to copy Schmeichel's pre-match ritual of putting my head against each post and kicking it twice for luck. Still my favourite footballer of all time, and in my eyes, the best goalkeeper ever.
                          Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Comment

not sure what that has to do with baseball but as a fellow goalkeeper i'll agree with you he was awesome. Shame about the badge spoiling it though

i own a red sox home and quite fancy an alternate red sox jersey when i've saved up enough cash to get it sent over.
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Red Sox, you are the only only only!
                            [/SIZE]

Comment

I own a couple authentic Dodger Jerseys (Home and Away) , and an Atlanta home jersey
                              Born True Blue

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X