No announcement yet.

The 2007 Baseball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Ken Griffey gets untracked and hits a home run breaking a tie with Reggie Jackson.

Comment

• Don't Take Me to the Ballgame,
      I don't want to see that team,
      Blowing Games in the 8th and 9th innings,
      I really want to go home,
      for it's errors, runs, and hit batsmen,
      all given up by the Reds,
      for it's one, two, three pitchers,
      that can't get an out at the old ballgame.
      Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

• Good to see Hoffman can come in and lose the game for Peavy, 16 K's and nothing to show for it.

Comment

• A home run for Drew against the team that passed on him in favor of Matt Bush. He must feel great.

That's Hoffman's first earned runs allowed, so don't be too hard on him.
          "Any pitcher who throws at a batter and deliberately tries to hit him is a communist."

- Alvin Dark

Comment

• Originally posted by Kline's Ghost View Post
            Good to see Hoffman can come in and lose the game for Peavy, 16 K's and nothing to show for it.
            Stop Complaining, look at what my bullpen has done. Bronson Arroyo is 0-2 with a 2.86 ERA.
            Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

• 2 more homeruns for Sammy Sosa. 600 is not far off.

Comment

• This is how bad the NL Central is.

The Pirates are 10-10.

They're in second.

Comment

• And so far, one of my Cubs predictions has come true. Prior will miss the whole season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
                    And so far, one of my Cubs predictions has come true. Prior will miss the whole season.
                    Yeah, but at least they finally figured out what was wrong with him and fixed it.

Comment

• I know. I like Prior, and I'm glad they finally figured out what's wrong with him, but the awesome thing is that I called it.

Comment

• Hey AstrosFan, welcome to last place. It's nice to have some company down here.

Comment

• Originally posted by otis89 View Post
                          This is how bad the NL Central is.

The Pirates are 10-10.

They're in second.
                          What's new?
                          (fantasy football)
                          JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
                          DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
                          JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Comment

• Originally posted by plask_stirlac View Post
                            What's new?
                            When was the last time the Pirates were at or above .500 near the end of April?

Comment

• Number 8 for Barry Bonds - only 14 to go for the record!

Comment

• [QUOTE=John Shoemaker;880765]Number 8 for Barry Bonds - only 14 to go for the record![/QUOTE/]
                                Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
                                ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
                                You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X