• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williamsburg2599
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Wow. You can't make that stuff up.
    Agreed. A MLB time that doesn't have an indicator? Please.
    (For those of you who don't know, an indicator is a sign given before a real sign, for example, touching the hat before the steal sign. No hat touch, and the coach can give whatever sign he wants and they don't count. Basically every team above little league has one of these.)

(Just realized this topic is weeks old, but still )

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Unstickying.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    I wonder how many people noticed but the Reds gave up back-to-back-to-back homers to lead off a game.

Leave a comment:

• Brian McKenna
    replied
    Originally posted by brewcrew82 View Post
    Interesting excuse...No amount of excuses will make up for allowing 11 runs though.
    Tell me about it - I live in Baltimore.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    My guess is that Player D bats the opposite of the way the pitcher throws, right? Did any of the other batters bat that way too?

Leave a comment:

• brewcrew82
    replied
    Originally posted by redlegsfan21 View Post
    By The Associated Press
    Hang on, Cubs fans. A mosquito just might have helped out Chicago in the NL Central race.

The Brewers gave up six runs in the first inning of their 11-4 loss to Cincinnati on Friday night, missing a chance to take over the division lead.

"It all started with a mosquito bite," Milwaukee manager Ned Yost said.

Yost had been bitten earlier. In the first inning, Milwaukee third-base coach Nick Leyva saw Yost's scratching and thought the manager wanted Gabe Gross to steal third. Gross, who had doubled, was thrown out trying to steal third as Ryan Braun struck out.

"It set the tone for the night. I looked up and saw Gabe coming and thought, 'What the heck is going on?"'

http://sports.myway.com/news/09082007/v8770.html
    Interesting excuse...No amount of excuses will make up for allowing 11 runs though.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    By The Associated Press
    Hang on, Cubs fans. A mosquito just might have helped out Chicago in the NL Central race.

The Brewers gave up six runs in the first inning of their 11-4 loss to Cincinnati on Friday night, missing a chance to take over the division lead.

Yost had been bitten earlier. In the first inning, Milwaukee third-base coach Nick Leyva saw Yost's scratching and thought the manager wanted Gabe Gross to steal third. Gross, who had doubled, was thrown out trying to steal third as Ryan Braun struck out.

"It set the tone for the night. I looked up and saw Gabe coming and thought, 'What the heck is going on?"'

Wow. You can't make that stuff up.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Bzzt! Mosquito Gets Brewers Off to Rough Start, Milwaukee Drops Chance to Take NL Cen

By The Associated Press

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Situation

OK, your team is losing by 3 in the 6th with a runner on 3rd and 2 away. The pitcher's spot is coming up (a relief pitcher) so here are your choices to pinch hit.

Player A who is hot and has a .430 OBP
    Player B who has 5 RBI in 16 AB for you
    Player C who has the highest BA since the ASG
    Player D who is 1/17 for you

Also, if you have free time, try and guess which one the Reds thought could get the job done.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    OK, honestly Pete Mackanin has to stop relying on his bullpen, it's the thing that got Jerry Narron fired. Also, Wayne Krivsky's a great scout for talent but he's not very good at call ups/send downs. When someone has a 2.05 ERA and a 21/2 K/BB ratio in AAA, their next stop is usually the majors, not AA.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    "There's nothing wrong with Alex Rodriguez. He's a great player. It was tit-for-tat entirely," Maddon said. "I said, 'It's an illegal bat.' I said, 'I can't see inside it, but there might be something inside that bat. I don't have X-ray vision. He's got 45 home runs, it's Sept. 1.' That was my argument."

What a great quote.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    The only complaint form Cincinnati about interm manager Pete Mackanin is that he relies too much on his bullpen. They certainly helped in giving up a grand slam.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    That's mainly because the Reds stopped playing badly, except for when I'm gone. Do they think that I'm not listening, I'm only in Indiana boys, you still have to win.
    Must be one of those things, like the notable line from the play, "Damned Yankees":

A man doesn't know what he has ... until he loses it!

If new life is breathed into this thread, then so be it.

The Yanks did the unthinkable recently and swept the Boston Red Sox.

Unfortunately for the Mets, their lead on the NL East is very perilous, as they got swept in 4 games by the division rival Phillies.

We'll see how all teams respond this weekend.

You folks have an excellent Labor Day weekend!

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    This thread seems to have quieted down. If nobody posts much by Friday, I'll unsticky it.
    That's mainly because the Reds stopped playing badly, except for when I'm gone. Do they think that I'm not listening, I'm only in Indiana boys, you still have to win.

Leave a comment:

• plask_stirlac
    replied
    Same ol' Brewers, and the '05 Twins are back...

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X