The 2007 Baseball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2007 Baseball Season

As often happens, I'll follow my Yanks, but not as much, other teams. I wouldn't mind knowing in a single place what the fans feel about their teams, be they the Reds, Indians, Rockies, Astros, Orioles, etc. I'm creating this thread here in the hope that people can discuss the games, their various team(s)' lineup, rotation, etc on a daily basis.

Do you feel that a pitcher still has it? What are your team's chances to win? Are they executing properly or wasting chances by making outs but not advancing runners?

If you have any useful thoughts as to the season at hand and about the various teams, players, managers, please post them here. Thx.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

What managers do you see leaving at the end of the season? I see Torre gone and Giaradi in in 2008

Also what potential players do you see being dealt? I definitely think that Dontrelle Willis will get dealt for some good farm pieces.
    "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

If the Yanks fail to make the playoffs this season, I definitely see Torre gone. After he'd whined during the 2001 playoffs (especially the WS) whenever a mike was stuck in his face, that he didn't know where he was playing next season, I figured that George had had enough of him for awhile.

I could see either Joe Girardi or Don Mattingly (likely Girardi) replacing Torre. I was wondering if Willie Randolph (who had no Minor League experience) would've replaced Torre, but the Mets took him (great for him).

As to D-Train, you see him being traded around July 31st?

Also, as to this thread, if there are any tendencies about managers, pitchers, hitters, such as how they do in the 1st inning affecting the rest of their game, or if they have any track records that would seem important, please post it. I'm trying to get some analysis in here about the 2007 season for baseball fans to share in. Let's all make it a big success!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Yeah I see Dontrelle being traded this season...they should have traded him last off season to get some prospects that can be ready by the break...but they didn't. I don't see him being resigned, and I think the Fish have learned their lesson from AJ Brunett. The Marlins have plenty of pitching on the farm, so I can see the D-Train leaving the station as early as the All-Star break depending on the offers they get.
        "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

I think this should be the thread where we keep our running thoughts on games we're watching, games we're following on-line, as well as pre and post-game analysis, in addition to what it's already shaping up to be (thoughts on our teams, etc.)

Cards-Mets: Just opened it up in the top of the 4th, with the bases loaded. Loved that up the middle single by Lo Duca. Jim Bouton wrote in Ball Four of a player complaining that Harry "The Hat" Walker would always break up the double play, and hit the ball up the middle, just like he preached to the Astros.

So if you're watching the game, and you're at Current Events, just keep the posts coming.
          "Any pitcher who throws at a batter and deliberately tries to hit him is a communist."

- Alvin Dark

Comment

Does anyone seeing another strike in the MLB?
            New York Mets 2007!!!!- 4-1 :gt

EIS SPRING TRAVEL TEAM 0-0

Comment

Is there an optimal batting stance? Albert Pujols is the best hitter in baseball, and he looks like he's on the john when he bats.

Who would you rather have at third, Cabrera or Wright? Wright's better defensively, Cabrera offensively. I think Cabrera's better by the slimmest of margins.
              "Any pitcher who throws at a batter and deliberately tries to hit him is a communist."

- Alvin Dark

Comment

Originally posted by wickedcurve093 View Post
                Does anyone seeing another strike in the MLB?
                Is the labor agreement on the verge of ending? I thought they had just extended it.

- Alvin Dark

Comment

Originally posted by AstrosFan View Post
                  Is there an optimal batting stance? Albert Pujols is the best hitter in baseball, and he looks like he's on the john when he bats.

Who would you rather have at third, Cabrera or Wright? Wright's better defensively, Cabrera offensively. I think Cabrera's better by the slimmest of margins.

I love Wright, basically that im a mets fan though. :blush:

Comment

Originally posted by wickedcurve093 View Post
                    I love Wright, basically that im a mets fan though. :blush:
                    I actually like Wright better too; he's one of my favorites. I'm partial to players who are terrific on both sides of the ball, as well as speed players.

I'm pulling for the Mets to win this, because every Cardinals loss helps the 'Stros.

- Alvin Dark

Comment

Originally posted by AstrosFan View Post
                      I actually like Wright better too; he's one of my favorites. I'm partial to players who are terrific on both sides of the ball, as well as speed players.

I'm pulling for the Mets to win this, because every Cardinals loss helps the 'Stros.
                      Yep, 5-0 currently at 9:35 PM.

Comment

Out of the plays that are fairly common in baseball, my favorite offensive play is the triple, my favorite defensive is the double play. I honestly think that great defense is more exciting than great offense.

- Alvin Dark

Comment

I hope Reyes steals here, just to demoralize the Cardinals.

- Alvin Dark

Comment

Watch him go! PLEASE! Cmon theres one out. 6th inning. Lo Duca up. Hit and Run. Aww man double play. NEVERMIND!

Comment

Nice play by Alou, but he didn't seem to be coming in that hard. He may have misjudged it.

- Alvin Dark

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X