Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-Chisox Frank Thomas to Sign with A's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chisox
    replied
    There's a similar thread in the White Sox forum for those interested.
    http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=38887

He will certainly be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Didn't Andre Dawson sign for that amount with the Cubs?
    Spurious MVP or not . . .

Leave a comment:

• sickle
    replied
    As an avid A's fan, I must show appreciation for Erubiel Durazo's contributions to the club in 2003 and 2004. However, his time has come, and the Bay Area can use a good DH, and Thomas will provide just that. Even though he was also in a limited role due to injuries, Thomas had 10 more RBI than Durazo in 47 fewer at-bats. Bean found himself a good OPS man. The Hurt has always been a favorite of mine, and I can't wait to see him in the green and gold.

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    This looks like a good signing by the A's. If it goes to hell they are only out $500K. They desperately need a righthanded middle of the order bat.

Leave a comment:

• mojorisin71
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex-Expo fan
    What'll happen with Durazo? I hope Frank Thomas won't become a backup DH or something
    Durazo was not offered arbitration, and from what my Bay Area contacts told me, he might be out all or most of 2006 as well.

Leave a comment:

• Bench 5
    replied
    Frank was my favorite player for the past 15 years so I hate to see him go but I'm glad he picked up with someone.

The past few years he tries to pull everything and go for homers. He's been pretty successful with this approach as fas as power but he can't hit .300 anymore.

But given the fact that he has major foot problems and he weighs 275 pounds I think he will have difficulty playing more than 75 games this year. He wants to hit 500 homers. Even though he only needs about 50, if he can't stay healthy this year I think he will retire.

Leave a comment:

• Evangelion
    replied
    Durazo was injuried all of 2005. In 2004, he had a good season. Still, I thought Oakland would give him a chance to rebound this year, but instead, he was let go and is a free agent as Double X said.

Leave a comment:

• Ex-Expo fan
    replied
    Oh boy, losing my baseball knowledge , one of the symptoms of a certain team moving:grouchy .

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex-Expo fan
    What'll happen with Durazo? I hope Frank Thomas won't become a backup DH or something
    Isn't Durazo a free agent?

Leave a comment:

• Ex-Expo fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Thomas is the prototype of Billy Beane's high OPS approach that brought the A's back to prominence in the late 90s (and that almost everyone has been trying to copy since). It seems almost appropriate to me that Thomas would go to Oakland, it's like the prodigal son going home.

Leave a comment:

• KingJ
    replied
    Good to see he will be going to a playoff competitor that will probably play the ChiSox in the ALDS if they make it. He can launch the game winning grand slam against Bobby Jenks in the 9th Inning of Game 5 at Chicago.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good for him that he found a team.

But it will be a strange sight. Thomas in Gold and Green instead of Silver and Black.

Leave a comment:

• DODGER DEB
    started a topic Ex-Chisox Frank Thomas to Sign with A's!

Ex-Chisox Frank Thomas to Sign with A's!

The AP is reporting this afternoon that FRANK THOMAS will sign a one-year deal with Oakland.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10369813/from/RS.1/

c.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X