Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by runningshoes53
    There's no need for that garbage.

If you want to talk like that, go join the Neanderthals at AOL.
    Dude, that's not very P.C.. You're gonna piss off the National Association of Neanderthals. They can cause a lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis9045
      Dude, that's not very P.C.. You're gonna piss off the National Association of Neanderthals. They can cause a lot of trouble.
      They're very sensitive, and have been known to lose their appetites when insulted.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I will have the roast duck with mango salsa

Comment

I didn't know they were still around.
          SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
          "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by mojorisin71
            I didn't know they were still around.
            They do a lot of production work for tv commercials. Behind the scenes stuff.
            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Wait 'til Next Year
              Actually, I have season tickets in a section very close to the luxury box...

I’m not even old enough to buy beer so you don't have to worry about that.

So, is it safe to say that it is really your daddy who has the season tickets?
              THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

Originally posted by digglahhh
                So, is it safe to say that it is really your daddy who has the season tickets?
                I don't know, he's old enough to call people stupid and cuss
                Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

I'm an idiot, I actually have the audacity to follow both the Cubs and the Indians.
                  I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by Nomtoc
                    I don't even know you and I'll join his bandwagon as for the damn Skanks and you having four favorite teams. I'll go one further and guess that they are all lame azz Junior League teams.
                    When you look to my av, you'll see the logos come by... I don't know you either, but who am I to judge about you?

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am a Yankee fan since 1981, so I have lived through the bad times.
                    I don't see why it is impossible to have three (Ok now two without the Expos) other favorite teams.

Comment

I'll preface this by saying that there are tons of very knowledgeable fans here, some of whom have been baseball fans perhaps about the time your parents met, or possibly longer, depending upon their age. That said, you should just try acclimating yourself here, introduce yourself to the Yankee forum, as you'd mentioned being a Yankee fan, since you to games, please also tell us whereabouts you sit.
                      Originally posted by Wait 'til Next Year
                      I got a lot more posts than I expected. Sweet. I have nothing better to do with my time until baseball season starts. I guess I’ll answer these from first to last.

runningshoes: what a stupid question to ask. of course there are things I love about baseball. I love getting drunk and kicking the crap out of people in the stadium. With all kidding aside, there are many things I love about baseball and it would just be silly for me to make a list of them. Coming from someone with season tickets, I just thought it would be fun to make a list of annoyances I have with the game today.
                      Since there's already a thread entitled "The Beauty of Baseball" on this Current Events thread, I would disagree that discussing things you enjoy or love about the game we share in common, would be a bad or useless idea. Sometimes things that take extra effort are more worthy in the end, rather than the quick "shoot from the hip" post.
                      Evangelion: That was also a joke. I do not really hate all red sox fans. Some of my good friends are blue jay fans and they are both birds, so that's close enough. Really, I do appreciate the rivalry and have nothing against red sox fans except the dumb ones who make stupid statements without backing them up.
                      I don't think it's acceptable here to call anyone "stupid", even if it's warranted. If anything, please refrain from this in the future. I've known Red Sox fans I've held in very high esteem, as well as those that I thought the lesser of, but I don't enjoy "getting into it" with anyone.

I presume that since you're not enthused about people making points but don't back them up, that you'll do the same for points that you make.
                      ahh.... Mattingly and RuthMayBond I'll answer you guys at the same time I guess. The first thing on favorite teams, I agree that it's ok to enjoy another team whatever your reasons being. There are a bunch of teams in which I like their style of play, but none which I consider a favorite team of mine or even a second. It’s like if the kid who likes the sox and mets were alive for the series in 86. When the red sox (I’m guessing that’s his favorite team) lost, it's not ok to still cheer and rejoice as if your team just won the world series.
                      I wouldn't say being a great fan of both teams, but even then, people will still have a right to do this.

If I wish to see that the Mets, Braves, Cards or Giants do well, then that's my right to follow them. I've heard others say that following a 2nd team is against their core values, so your point on this is taken and has been expressed in the past. The most recent one was Can you be a Mets' and Yankee's Fan?, which was posted in mid-December.
                      Coming before the game starts. yeah I see your point about how u didn't finish work and that's why you came late. Everyone will have an excuse. No one comes late to a ball game because they didn't feel like hearing the national anthem. But what I’m saying is that if you are going to a ball game, you should make it your business to make it on time.
                      Ideally, yes, but not everyone can get there on time. Some people have to travel many miles to get there. Some fans are from visiting teams, and if they've missed a flight or theirs was delayed, and have barely checked into their hotels, then getting to the game will be a further delay.
                      [/quote]Luxury boxes. Actually, I have season tickets in a section very close to the luxury box. I love it where I am but I would love to move into that section. not for the food or whatever but I just want to be closer to the game. That remark wasn't directed at fans who sit in the luxury box who are like me and just want a great seat. It was for the business men who show up at the start of the YMCA (end of 5th) to meet a client and then leave in the 8th to beat traffic. nice response of "whatever" ruthmaybond. You really proved your point.[/quote]
                      Like it or not, there are many rich folks who are fans of all teams. Regis Philbin, Dave Letterman, Billy Crystal and Robin Williams are all Yankee fans, just as Stephen King and Ben Affleck are Red Sox fans.

While I may not be overly enamored of the crowd, there are people who do meet clients at games, or give tickets away to clients as a "thanks" for doing business with them. Not everyone will stay from beginning to end, as do you, and there are some who think that Yankee fans don't usually do this at all.
                      You guys had no problem with my press box remark. That’s good because I’m kinda getting sick of typing.
                      Okayyyyyyyyyyyy ...
                      Cell-phone waving idiots. I’m not even old enough to buy beer so you don't have to worry about that. There shouldn't be the need though to call security on some idiot who doesn't realize there are 50,000 fans in the stadium, his wife watching it on the TV won't see/recognize him.
                      I'll agree that people needing to be located with their friends should really stop trying to get someone's attention in a stadium of 50,000 people. If they know of the seating there, then perhaps they can meet up after the game in a set spot. Otherwise, I've never understood the need to see someone in such a large crowd.
                      Jumbo-tron. Things like pitch count, stats, etc are awesome. I love that. but what I’m saying is you don't need the extra crap they put in between innings where you play stupid games or a "loud-o-meter". it's unnecessary. if there is a big moment in the game I don't need a scoreboard to tell me to cheer. I can cheer on my own thank you.
                      Likely because stadiums always have new fans, some of whom haven't the foggiest idea what to do there. To those who don't need the "clap" symbol or Cotton Eyed Joe for that matter, or the racing #4 or D train things, or even the trivia on how to spell "Stottlemyre", then I'd say to just ignore it. Likewise, if you only like hot dogs and soda, then you can just ignore the various types of nachos, popcorn, cotton candy that they have. If someone only drinks Bud or Miller, then they can also ignore the Foster's or Heineken.
                      Bonds. I was afraid this would start some controversy. I am just really sick of him. I think there are so many great young players out there that are so wonderful for the game of baseball and the world could really do without him. Last year was so great seeing Albert finally not play second fiddle to Bonds and the breaking out of a lot of young players. Yes RuthMayBond, I don't know crap about him personally. I don't know crap about John Rocker personally but I know he's a bigot. I'm sure he is wonderful to his wife and kids just like Bonds but he's an ***hole and bad for the game of baseball. Judging by the $tankee fan$ remark, I’m guessing you are either a 13 year old kid or a middle aged man who just loves to act like an idiot. I'm wondering what team you like. Boy do I hope you say the Red Sox.
                      I hope to keep the controversy comming. There is still a lot more time before baseball season starts and the Yankees start kicking everyones ass.
                      Oh yeah. By the way, I forgot to mention that Mattingly, you said something interesting when you said "If you go into the SFG forum, please note that you'll be met with people very loyal to him, as he's their most well-known player, and is the one who'll most likely lead them to the 2006 playoffs."
                      When he is the one who will most likely lead the to the playoffs? IF the Giants make the playoffs of course it will be due to Bonds, but do you honestly think they will make the playoffs? All of your other comments were pretty "treat everyone equally, give peace a chance, don't say hateful things" type of responses so I thought this reponse was a little bold and out of character.
                      I'm blown over. Very strong words, I must insist. Please see RMB's posts under "History" to get a sense of what he knows about baseball. He may be a Yankee-hater, but he at least knows the game.

You may also look at his av to get an idea as to which team he roots for. Chief Wahoo has been the symbol for one team, last I've heard.

As to the Giants making the playoffs, it's obvious they didn't do this w/o his help, so with his being a major threat in the lineup, as well as punishing opposing pitchers when they eventually give him something to hit, that if they were to make the playoffs, he'd likely be a big factor into all this.

As to my being out of character, I'll just say that I've got quite a few posts on this board, so I wouldn't necessarily say that I have anyone attitude which defines my character. You may try reading several of my posts on various things to get an idea of this.

Thanks.

-Matt
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Sorry mods, but I have to say this.

What bothers me in baseball, no on this board lately, is that some egos jump to conclusions (to use Runningshoes53's words). What also bothers me is that people think they can judge people because of a remark they make.

Both things happen quite often lately and most of the time, the newbies are the ones that do so.

Maybe it is wise for the new members, not only to read the forum policy, but also to look around first, before they post. So they can not jump to any overhasted conclusion. So they can read who the people around here really are.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis9045
                          I couldn't agree more. I HATE that they now do this at Dodger Stadium, and they do it CONSTANTLY. We in L.A. not too long ago used to rip on the "Bush league" tactic of stadiums having to tell their fans when to cheer and now WE DO IT TOO! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!:grouchy I never would have thought I'd live to see the day that Chavez Ravine would resort to "APPLAUSE" signs like they use in sit-coms! You hear me, McCourt?! Git rid of those dang "Cheer now" messages!
                          It better than at the BOB in Phoenix, they want you to "make noise" and "cheer" while the visitors are AT BAT! :noidea

The music take me back to the old days at the Forum watching a basketball or hockey game. h
                          http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

I don't like Red Sox fans and Cubs fans who root just bercause they want to root for an underdog. They're also go to games because it's a historical ballpark. I only went to Fenway Park because the Reds happen to be playing when I went on vacation. Fenway looks like one of the worst parks for fans. Cub fans that go to games for beer at 1 PM tick me off to. They also go to road games and cuss in front of children.
                            Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
                              I'm an idiot, I actually have the audacity to follow both the Cubs and the Indians.
                              That would make me a half-wit
                              Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                              Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

While the Cardinals are my faves, the A's also are an interesting team because of their sabermetric based management.

While I may agree w/some of your ideas, I really do not think they really are that big of a deal. Luxery seats may suck, but I am not going to get bound up in my undies over this topic.

Personally, I think the thing that sucks is all the off the field antics, which takes away a lot from the game.

I will spare you any comments since you have heard it enough.:radio
                                unofficial Cardinals
                                Playing HardballUpdated 12-06-07

Congratulations Cardinals in 2006 World Series
                                Winners in 1926, 1931, 1934, 1942, 1944, 1946, 1964, 1967, 1982, & 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X