Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a Phillies fan in Seattle to do in 2006?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a Phillies fan in Seattle to do in 2006?

I've got a bad feeling about this year. I fear the Phillies are going to continue to wallow in their now constant state of near-miss mediocrity, and the local team here in Seattle isn't exactly anything to get excited about.

It really sucks when you are still a couple of months away from opening day and you're already throwing in the towel, and I hope I'm wrong about the Phils, but I am a realist. So what am I to do? How do I get through it all without wanting to stick my head in the oven? Any suggestions???
    "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

Originally posted by Ashburn1
    I've got a bad feeling about this year. I fear the Phillies are going to continue to wallow in their now constant state of near-miss mediocrity, and the local team here in Seattle isn't exactly anything to get excited about.

It really sucks when you are still a couple of months away from opening day and you're already throwing in the towel, but I am a realist. So what am I to do? How do I get through it all without wanting to stick my head in the oven? Any suggestions???
    Just enjoy the game and go watch when the A's, Angels, White Sox, Yankees, Red Sox, Indians, and Twins come to town.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

It really sucks when you are still a couple of months away from opening day and you're already throwing in the towel, and I hope I'm wrong about the Phils, but I am a realist. So what am I to do? How do I get through it all without wanting to stick my head in the oven? Any suggestions???
      Well, I don't know much about the situation with the Phils, and while the Mariner's aren't looking too hot, you will have the chance to watch the ever exciting Ichiro, watch Sexson hit 40+ bombs, see if Beltre and Reed pan out, and maybe most exciting of all, watch the future Mariner's ace Felix Hernandez develope as a player.

Comment

The Phils could make the playoffs... it all depends on their young arms... If Gavin Floyd can capitalize on the talent that made him a top 20 prospect, and if Cole Hamels can finally stay healthy (BIG BIG BIIIIIIIIIIIG IF) they have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Edgartohof
          Well, I don't know much about the situation with the Phils, and while the Mariner's aren't looking too hot, you will have the chance to watch the ever exciting Ichiro, watch Sexson hit 40+ bombs, see if Beltre and Reed pan out, and maybe most exciting of all, watch the future Mariner's ace Felix Hernandez develope as a player.
          Yeah, I know watching Felix and Ichiro will be exciting but it just isn't the same when you know on opening day that the team has no shot at the postseason. I know that in Seattle mediocrity is often accepted, but it just doesn't do much for me. Actually, I'd be more interested in following the M's if I thought they were really doing something to build for the future, but the current mix of aging veterans, journeymen and a few nice prospects isn't exactly a recipe for future success.
          Last edited by Ashburn1; 01-30-2006, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astro
            The Phils could make the playoffs... it all depends on their young arms... If Gavin Floyd can capitalize on the talent that made him a top 20 prospect, and if Cole Hamels can finally stay healthy (BIG BIG BIIIIIIIIIIIG IF) they have a chance
            You said it. Those are BIG "if's". They do have a shot at making the post-season but I'm not too confident. If they are floundering in May, it'll be hard to muster up the enthusiasm.

Comment

Ashburn, just look for glimpses of hope

Last year was pretty good

Chase Utley hitting lefties ok
              Ryan Howard ROY

Maybe this year they will sacrifice David Bell to great Odin's beard

I always give up on the Phillies, their history shows why

Comment

You said it. Those are BIG "if's". They do have a shot at making the post-season but I'm not too confident. If they are floundering in May, it'll be hard to muster up the enthusiasm.
                Nah, Floyd doing well isnt a big if, Cole Hamels staying healthy is... since he has been hurt every one of his professional season... but when hes healthy he is the best pitching prospect in baseball

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato
                  Ashburn, just look for glimpses of hope

Last year was pretty good

Chase Utley hitting lefties ok
                  Ryan Howard ROY

Maybe this year they will sacrifice David Bell to great Odin's beard

I always give up on the Phillies, their history shows why
                  So what happened in 1980? Were the evil forces taking the year off?
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
                    So what happened in 1980? Were the evil forces taking the year off?
                    Yes. They were afraid of Dallas Green.

Comment

Yes. They were afraid of Dallas Green.

For what it's worth, they should have won in 1993.

Comment

Forget next season. What's a Phillies fan in Seattle to do this weekend?
                        "Hall of Famer Whitey Ford now on the field... pleading with the crowd for, for some kind of sanity!"

Comment

Wooooooo hooooooooo!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X