Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you get your daily baseball news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get your daily baseball news?

Any specific reporters you always go to first? Newspapers? ESPN? Sportsline? What are your favorite sources of baseball news that you'd like to share with us?

Links will be very much appreciated.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

MLB.com is usually my first place I check in the AM. I'll drift around ESPN.com, and I find the posters here to be a valuable source as well. I also tune into sports talk radio on the commute.
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

First MLB.com. After that in any particular order: NY Times.com, NY Post.com, Boston Globe.com, Covers.com (http://www.covers.com/sports/mlb/mlb_main.aspx), ESPN.com, Sports Illustrated/CNN.com

Comment

This site is always stop #1. Then I'll usually check out the Yahoo MLB page and sometimes MLB.com. It really bugs me how most papers now require an online subscription. Very annoying.

YR, speaking of newspapers, the newspapers of your homeland have caused quite the storm all around the world. Holland seems like a volatile place these last couple of years. (I've actually spent alot of time in France so I have an idea of what you're dealing with)

Comment

I get most of my Red Sox news from Google alerts and you folks don't miss the boat much, so I get the rest here.
          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
            This site is always stop #1. Then I'll usually check out the Yahoo MLB page and sometimes MLB.com. It really bugs me how most papers now require an online subscription. Very annoying.

YR, speaking of newspapers, the newspapers of your homeland have caused quite the storm all around the world. Holland seems like a volatile place these last couple of years. (I've actually spent alot of time in France so I have an idea of what you're dealing with)
            If you mean the the "funny" pictures of the Islam's prophet Mohammed, it started in Denmark. Of course the Western world must think what a picture like that can cause. But on the other hand we still have freedom of speech here...

What do you mean with volatile? I don't know the word.

Comment

Mlb.com and espn.com are the two best for daily baseball news.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
                If you mean the the "funny" pictures of the Islam's prophet Mohammed, it started in Denmark. Of course the Western world must think what a picture like that can cause. But on the other hand we still have freedom of speech here...

I'll PM you so that we don't hijack this thread.

Comment

Without trying to get too political, when the rest of the Muslim world makes a little more effort to combat terrorism, I'll say maybe it's a bad idea to to take shots at Mohammed, who, by the way, is a Red Sox fan.

Never mind, did you hear what happened here in Manila today?
                  "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                  Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                    Without trying to get too political, when the rest of the Muslim world makes a little more effort to combat terrorism, I'll say maybe it's a bad idea to to take shots at Mohammed, who, by the way, is a Red Sox fan.

Never mind, did you hear what happened here in Manila today?
                    You mean the trampling of dozens of people in a stadium? It is terrible.

Comment

You mean the trampling of dozens of people in a stadium? It is terrible.
                      It was outside the Stadium..about 5 miles from where I live.

73 dead and over 500 injured.

Totally unorganized event and they weren't prepared for it, not unlike everything else that happens in this country. They were giving out tickets for $400 (Canadian) prize, which is big money for the average Filipino.
                      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

ESPN.com and MLB.com
                        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Current Events forum => Chicago Cubs forum => ESPN.com

That's the order I go pretty much every day.

Comment

Usually I check the newspaper, then I check my homepage on myway.com, then here. I also check ballparksofbaseball.com for news once a week.
                            Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

I usually check my ESPN SportsFlash email in the mornings, then Northsidebaseball.com (a Cub-specific board), then here.
                              EAMUS CATULI!
                              AC036198

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X