Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonzalez is McKeon's pick

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...s_pick?mode=PF

This is one way to get people to buy your book, bring ridiculous attention to yourself.

A-Gon has always been a great defensive shortstop and it's a bit sad that only because he's going to Boston that people are starting to notice that but I can't think of one season that he's actually deserved the GG over any other often a couple of times it's been detabable but that's about it.

Originally posted by Dontworry
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...s_pick?mode=PF

This is one way to get people to buy your book, bring ridiculous attention to yourself.

A-Gon has always been a great defensive shortstop and it's a bit sad that only because he's going to Boston that people are starting to notice that but I can't think of one season that he's actually deserved the GG over any other often a couple of times it's been detabable but that's about it.
    I'm a little confused as to what Jack McKeon has anything to do with the Red Sox? Did McKeon take over as the manager for Boston or something?

Anyway, Gonzalez is horrible... he should never be used as anything more than a defensive replacement... he hits around .250 with an OBP around .290, walks maybe 25 times in a season, strikes out way too much, isnt that fast, didnt even hit for power last season, and isnt even that great as defense (not near as good as he is described as in the article)

Comment

Originally posted by Astro
      I'm a little confused as to what Jack McKeon has anything to do with the Red Sox? Did McKeon take over as the manager for Boston or something?

Anyway, Gonzalez is horrible... he should never be used as anything more than a defensive replacement... he hits around .250 with an OBP around .290, walks maybe 25 times in a season, strikes out way too much, isnt that fast, didnt even hit for power last season, and isnt even that great as defense (not near as good as he is described as in the article)
      Agon is with the redsox, a team everyone knows about. Now people are actually recognizing what a defensive whiz he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontworry
        Agon is with the redsox, a team everyone knows about. Now people are actually recognizing what a defensive whiz he is.
        He's good at defense... he's horrible with the bat...
        If he starts for Boston, it will be for about a month then he'll be playing super-utlity/defensive replacement in the 8th

Comment

Jack Mceon was the manager of the Marlins for several years so they were just interviewing him as to what his thoughts were on the former Marlins players the Red Sox have signed/traded for this offseason.
          "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
          -Don Fehr

Comment

Originally posted by YOUgodofwalks
            Jack Mceon was the manager of the Marlins for several years so they were just interviewing him as to what his thoughts were on the former Marlins players the Red Sox have signed/traded for this offseason.
            Yes, just thought it was just too random

Comment

He's good at defense... he's horrible with the bat...
              If he starts for Boston, it will be for about a month then he'll be playing super-utlity/defensive replacement in the 8th
              I know he's horrible offensively, but he's indeed a defensive whiz. Now that he's with the famous redsox everyone will start to notice how gifted he is defensively.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X