Who's your team's 2007 MVP so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's your team's 2007 MVP so far?

It's about mid-September. I figure that people can say who's been about the most important player on the team so far. The one, whether loudly or quietly, has done so much to keep their team in contention, or at least given them reason to believe that they can contend and play very well in the future.

Feel free to choose co-MVPs, listing who are some of the most important players. Any summaries of the individual player contributions is definitely encouraged.

For the Yanks, I'd say it's been switch-hitting & slugging catcher, Jorge Posada, who's having quite a year this season, and of course, Alex Rodriguez, who's been having a monster year.

For pitching, I'd give it to Chien-Ming Wang, who's been very consistent in turning in fine performances, frequently giving his team many opportunities to win.

For other teams, regardless of which one, please state your team's MVP, including reasons why you feel this way.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

I'm a Tigers fan so here's the awards I'd give out to them:

ROY: Tough call since there aren't many. I guess Andrew Miller since he's done the most as a rookie although Ryan Raburn has probably played the best as a rookie.

Gold Glove: Curtis Granderson

Lead Glove: Carlos Guillen

Silver Slugger: Magglio Ordonez

Lead Slugger: Brandon Inge

Most Improved: Curtis Granderson

Least improved: Brandon Inge

LVP: Jose Mesa, Neifi Perez, and Craig Monroe are off the team so I'd say Brandon Inge or Jeremy Bonderman.

MVP: Magglio Ordonez

MOY: Jim Leyland although he sure as heck doesn't deserve it.

Cy Young: Justin Verlander

Cy Old: Jeremy Bonderman

Comment

David Wright. Guy is having a 30/30 type yr. He can hit for average, hit for power, has a great eye at the plate (one of the toughest 2 strike hitters to k), makes web gem plays at the "hot corner".

Pitching wise: John Maine: Who woulda thought?
      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Cubs

Hitter :
        Aramis Ramirez
        Pitcher:
        Ted Lilly
        Reliever:
        Carlos Marmol
        Rookie:
        Mike Fontenot
        and the best baseball coach Lou Piniella !!
        I think he is the Cubs MVP!!

Reinforce for 2008:
        Hunter Pence, Brian Bannister, Carlos Pena, Nick Markakis, Micah Bowie, Barry Bonds, Adam Dunn, Garett Atkins
        (some of them!)
        and the Cubs will win the 2008 World Series !
        Last edited by Zagi-CRO; 09-14-2007, 05:18 AM.
        The Voice of Croatia - Glas Hrvatske

Comment

The Orioles' award winners:

Pitcher of the Year: Erik Bedard
          Position Player of the Year: Nick Markakis
          Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Guthrie
          Team MVP: Erik Bedard

Comment

ROY: Joe Smith (even though he was sent down)

Gold Glove: Carlos Beltran

Lead Glove: Ruben Gotay

Silver Slugger: David Wright

Lead Slugger: Paul Lo Duca

Most Improved: David Wright and Lastings Milledge (every other regular declined...)

Least improved: Carlos Delgado

LVP: Guillermo Mota (curses)

MVP: David Wright

MOY: Rick Peterson... and I am serious...

Cy Young: Oliver Perez (how can you not give the award to the Mets pitching triple crown leader- despite starting 26 games to Maine's 29, he's tied in wins at 14.)

Cy Old: Brian Lawrence
            Originally posted by Cougar
            "Read at your own risk. Baseball Fever shall not be responsible if you become clinically insane trying to make sense of this post. People under 18 must read in the presence of a parent, guardian, licensed professional, or Dr. Phil."

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
              The Orioles' award winners:

Pitcher of the Year: Erik Bedard
              Position Player of the Year: Nick Markakis
              Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Guthrie
              Team MVP: Erik Bedard
              Why not Brian Roberts at second base? He has 4 less OPS+ points but 26 more steals and only 1 more caught stealing. His EqA is .302 compared to Markakis .296, and he plays a more valuable defensive position.
              Originally posted by Cougar
              "Read at your own risk. Baseball Fever shall not be responsible if you become clinically insane trying to make sense of this post. People under 18 must read in the presence of a parent, guardian, licensed professional, or Dr. Phil."

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                David Wright. Guy is having a 30/30 type yr. He can hit for average, hit for power, has a great eye at the plate (one of the toughest 2 strike hitters to k), makes web gem plays at the "hot corner".

Pitching wise: John Maine: Who woulda thought?
                Agreed about Wright... I'm not sure on Maine yet... Sure, love the guy but his 2nd half has been so disappointing that I may be leaning towards Ollie... Their #'s, going into tonights game are almost identical! I just feel that Ollie has been more consistent... 7 wins before and 7 wins so far after the AS break whereas most of Maine's success came before the AS break...(only 4 wins after)

I think you could make a case for either and neither is a bad option...
                "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Gold Glove: Jeff Francouer

Lead Glove: Edgar Renteria

Silver Slugger: Chipper Jones/Brian McCann/Teixeira

Lead Slugger: Andruw Jones

Most Improved: Kelly Johnson

Least improved: Andruw Jones

LVP: Andruw Jones

MVP: Chipper Jones

MOY: Bobby Cox but he's made some questionable lineup decisions. So I don't think he deserves it.

Cy Young: John Smoltz (Tim Hudson a close 2nd)

Cy Old: Chuck James
                  4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
                  http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

Originally posted by nerfan View Post
                    Why not Brian Roberts at second base? He has 4 less OPS+ points but 26 more steals and only 1 more caught stealing. His EqA is .302 compared to Markakis .296, and he plays a more valuable defensive position.
                    Actually, I had Roberts written in before switching it to Markakis. Roberts may be more valuable, but Markakis has been the most consistent, and steals some bases himself. The argument could be made that as Roberts goes, so go the Orioles, but I still like Markakis.

Comment

In KC it has to be Gil Meche. Though Brian Bannister is having every bit as good a season it has been Meche's ability to go out there every fifth day and give us good start (31 starts, 195 IP's, 3.78 ERA). This is not Cy Young territory by any means but it has given someone we could count on. This in turn allowed us to keep from destroying the bullpen.

Since we don't have a single hitter whose production exceeds league average we have to go with a pitcher in KC.
                      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Pitching MVP Ted Lilly
                        Position MVP Ryan Theriot

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X