Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball players who played in the NFL and NFL players who played pro ball

Anyone got any names?

I know Chad Hutchinson did, the guy from the Yankees (who went to ND I think), I'm watching the Pro Bowl, and they said John Lynch was the first pitcher drafted by the Marlins I think. John Elway could throw 100 mph.

Red Badgro
    Sammy Baugh
    Charlie Berry
    Joe Berry
    Tom Brown
    Garland Buckeye
    Jim Castiglia
    Chuck Corgan
    Paul Desjardien
    DJ Dozier
    Chuck Dressen
    Paddy Driscoll
    Steve Filipowicz
    Walt French
    Walt Gilbert
    Norman Glockson
    Bruno Haas
    Hinky Haines
    George Halas
    Carroll Hardy
    Bo Jackson
    Vic Janowicz
    Brian Jordan
    Pete Layden
    Jim Levey
    Dan Marino
    Walt Masters
    Christy Mathewson
    Greasy Neale
    Ernie Nevers
    Ace Parker
    Al Pierotti
    Pid Purdy
    Antwaan Randel El :grouchy
    Deion Sanders
    Red Smith
    Evar Swanson
    Jim Thorpe
    Andy Tomasic
    Ernie Vick
    Rube Waddell
    Hoge Workman
    Tom Yewcic
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Off topic but Tom Glavine was drafted by the Winnipeg Jets!

Comment

And who was the catcher that used to be a hockey goalie? Nothing much got past him!
        "He can get 10 hits in five at-bats." -Joe Torre, exasperated after seeing Ichiro hit a routine ground ball to shortstop and cross first with an infield single.
        sigpic

Comment

Baseball umpire Cal Hubbard made it to the Baseball Hall of Fame as an ump & to the NFL Hall of Fame as a player. I believe he is the only man in both Halls.

Freddie Fitzsimmons (Pitcher for NY Giants/Brooklyn Dodgers, coach for Boston Braves, Red Sox & Giants, Phillies MGR) was GM of the now defunct Brooklyn Dodgers football franchise.

Comment

Chuck Conners, the actor, played for the Brooklyn Dodgers and Boston Celtics briefly.
            Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Tom Glavine was actually drafted by the Los Angeles Kings he also played little league and high school with Gary DiSarcina in Bilricca Massachusetts.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertHConner
                Baseball umpire Cal Hubbard made it to the Baseball Hall of Fame as an ump & to the NFL Hall of Fame as a player. I believe he is the only man in both Halls.

Freddie Fitzsimmons (Pitcher for NY Giants/Brooklyn Dodgers, coach for Boston Braves, Red Sox & Giants, Phillies MGR) was GM of the now defunct Brooklyn Dodgers football franchise.
                Cal Hubbard is also in the Collegiate Football Hall of Fame.

Bob

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X