Should the Gladiatah retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Gladiatah retire?

Should slammin Sammy Sosa end his career?
    Si senor!
    78.79%
    No amigo.
    21.21%
    Last edited by AYEKAYE47; 02-13-2006, 09:05 PM.

I'd like to see him hit 600 HR's.

Comment

I would like to see him hit 600 HR

I think he will...

The one thing that gets to me is the fact of how he is humiliated because of the type of contract he is being offered...

What ever happened to "Baseball has been barry, barry good to me"?!?!

I think he needs to give back and play for the love of the game instead of the love of the green.

2 cents from me.
      BELIEVE

Comment

He deserves it, not only because he cheated but because of how he treated NRIs and guys who were looking to break in... not to mention he is a cancer in the clubhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by AYEKAYE47
          He deserves it, not only because he cheated but because of how he treated NRIs and guys who were looking to break in... not to mention he is a cancer in the clubhouse.
          He deserves what?

I am not sure if you are replying to a post here?
          BELIEVE

Comment

It's not like he's Ty Law or Latrell Sprewell and needs the big $$$ to feed his family. If the Nats are offering him $500,000 for one year only, he should take it.

If he does go to Washington, I can assure you that he'll get #600 against the Dodgers, like I said in a thread here before the 2005 season.
            SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
            "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

The one thing that gets to me is the fact of how he is humiliated because of the type of contract he is being offered
              It's starting to sound like "Operation Shutdown: Part II"

Comment

Adios, Senor Sosa!!!
                1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
                  I think he needs to give back and play for the love of the game instead of the love of the green.
                  The best way of giving back now, I think, is to retire, instead of hitting .200 with 8 homers in 75 games.
                  Me, at a Boston restaurant, to a waiter:
                  Are you sure the Manny Ramirez (name of burger) isn't a sloppy joe?

Comment

Like I said in the encyclopaedia post, dude only hit 14 in Camden Yards last year, so how the hell is he going to hit 12 in RFK now that his decline has really set in? I think he'd be stupid to try to hang on for the sake of 12 homers, unless he turns into Julio Franco overnight.
                    Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BristolBoy
                      so how the hell is he going to hit 12 in RFK now that his decline has really set in? .
                      Errr.. now that his supply has run out.

Comment

If he wants to play, he should take the National's offer. It's a good deal for both sides - Sosa will get an opportunity to be a marquee player again and chase 600 homeruns, while its very low risk and high reward for the Nationals.

That being said, I'd rather not see Sosa get 600 homeruns.

Comment

Originally posted by BristolBoy
                          Like I said in the encyclopaedia post, dude only hit 14 in Camden Yards last year, so how the hell is he going to hit 12 in RFK now that his decline has really set in? I think he'd be stupid to try to hang on for the sake of 12 homers, unless he turns into Julio Franco overnight.
                          Sammy is 10 years younger than Julio Franco.
                          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

To me, beggars should not be choosers. That's the way I've learned things.

He made $18m last season, so does he need an extra $2.5m ot make him feel better? Most people will never make $500k in a single year, and he considers an insult. Most will never see $18m in a lifetime, so how much does he expect?

He should've busted his butt all winter and getting in the finest shape he could, and do so naturally. If he has a breakout year, he'll have untarnished his record. If he doesn't play in 2006, there's zero chance he'll play in 2007, unless he makes a big splash in Japan or somewhere else.

If he flops in 2006 as an MLB player, I'd say at least he gave it a ride. If he's going to hit 20 jacks and around 90 ribeyes, get a few doubles and play 100+ games, he could come back possibly as a DH on an AL team.

Instead of complaining about the size of his resulting paycheck, why doesn't he just thank the stars that someone--anyone--amongst the 30 teams is willing to put him on their roster?

That $18m will eventually dry up. Unless he redeems himself offensively, I'd say that if he refuses the Nationals' offer, people will still whisper that he'd cheated and then he'd quit after his ineffectiveness became the centerpiece of discussions about him. To me, that would be the saddest part of all. Let's see if he's smart enough to try breathing new life into the back part his career.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Should I listen to Wu Tang or Nas tonight while I'm making dinner- let's start a poll... who cares, its Sammy life he can do whatever he wants!

Sosa should make whatever decision he feels is the most beneficial and fulfilling based upon the options presented to him.

The real question is whether or not, the Nats would benefit their organization by giving him a roster spot and a check.

His legacy is already what it is...whatever it is. He's not going to come back and hit 40 jacks no matter what. I don't know what he would "prove" by coming back and having a mediocre season, or reaching 600 HRs. I can't really see any sort of external motivation for Sammy, if he wants to play- he should go ahead, if he feels he's done- he should hang 'em up- its that simple fellas.
                              THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X