Bad boy Belle in trouble, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad boy Belle in trouble, again

Baseball's first $10,000,000.00/season player has been arrested in Arizona and held without bail. He's charged with stalking his ex-girlfriend, see:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...stocking_x.htm

When he wasn't throwing stuff at fans or reporters, he was one of the most prolific hitters of the mid-nineties, leading the league in several categories in a few seasons, particularly his AL MVP year, 1995. He played a huge role in capturing the pennant for the Indians, only to have the Braves defeat Cleveland in a very disappointing World Series for the long suffering tribe. The first ten million dollar man in MLB, his career was marked by violent outbursts, and he never quite seemed to rid himself of those self-destructive demons, even to this day. Hope he gets the help he needs to lead a more positive post-baseball life.
    Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

I never really liked Belle.
    I thought he was a thug, kind of like Mike Tyson.
    He didn't seem are about anyone or anything, including baseball. He seemed to just care about Albert Belle and $$$.

It is sad to see someone so self-destructive, but he should know better and you do reap what you sow! Godd luck to you AB.
    1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

I don't know if I would reach for the rope just yet. Belle would hardly be the first guy unjustly accused of something by an ex-girlfriend. Also Belle, has no known history of violence off the field. Maybe we should wait until we know more before we form the lynch mob.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

One thing to consider in Albert's defense is that any girl that dates Albert Belle is quite possibly a little nuts herself.

Comment

This article sheeds more light on the subject.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9243673

However you are right he has not been convicted yet but it does not good for Joey.

Comment

Swank suburb

Isn't Scottsdale an affluent area of Arizona, outside of of Phoenix? I seem to recall it's full of golf courses in the sprawling area north of Mesa where MLB Cactus league teams have their ST. Thanks for the additional info, Blowfly, and Albert Jojuan sounds like he's in some deep do-dah. Dontworry makes a good point that some rather imbalanced people tend to gravitate toward troubled individuals for whatever reasons, and having made close to $100 mil. in his MLB career, he's bound to have drawn some questionable companions. Hope he has a good attorney (if there is such a thing.)

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
              I don't know if I would reach for the rope just yet. Belle would hardly be the first guy unjustly accused of something by an ex-girlfriend. Also Belle, has no known history of violence off the field. Maybe we should wait until we know more before we form the lynch mob.
              Who said anything about that?
              I was just expressing my dislike for him.
              I don't know if he did it and frankly don't care!
              1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

Didn't he throw stuff at trick-or-treaters one Halloween?
                GOT ALBERT?
                St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
                http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Originally posted by Dontworry
                  One thing to consider in Albert's defense is that any girl that dates Albert Belle is quite possibly a little nuts herself.
                  This is rather likely true.
                  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

He made Hannah Storm cry

Originally posted by Gashouse6
                    Didn't he throw stuff at trick-or-treaters one Halloween?
                    In 1990 he chased down some kids who were egging his house on Halloween night, in his vehicle, knocking one of them to the ground with his front bumper. Fortunately there were no injuries in this case. Very recently here, a man whose truck and face had been egged, went home, retrieved a rifle, hunted down, shot and killed one of the teens. He was convicted of murder, and was initially sentenced to twenty-to-life, pending appeal. Dumb pranks can be a very, very dangerous ordeal in our wreckless society.

Comment

He also whipped a ball off a fans chest in the early 90s and yelled at a female reporter. I give him credit as a player because he played hard and gave 100% on the field.

But as a human being this guy is a creep.
                      "Batting slumps? I never had one. When a guy hits .358, he doesn't have slumps."

Rogers Hornsby, 1961

Comment

belle

<<I give him credit as a player because he played hard and gave 100% on the field.>>

Maybe with Cleveland he gave 100%, but as an Oriole he gave about 63%
                        "Candlestick made me a man" -Will Clark

"Real Giants fans loved them BEFORE and AFTER Barry Bonds came along"

Comment

Originally posted by Bench 5
                          He also whipped a ball off a fans chest in the early 90s and yelled at a female reporter. I give him credit as a player because he played hard and gave 100% on the field.

But as a human being this guy is a creep.
                          well, he did ream out hannah storm (the female reporter in question) so it couldnt be all bad for Albert.

i always thought she was a prissy you know what.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X