X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolensingle
    replied
    Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post

Does Ortiz count as "tested positive?" Cuz Ortiz is certainly going in.

I am not saying I don't believe Ortiz. There was certainly a lot of questions re: that whole thing and I will give him the BOTD (though I don't have him in my HOF regardless). That being said, the media believed him with very little push back. A benefit of the doubt they have never given anyone else.
    Bingo. Ortiz will very likely be in the HOF before Cano is on the ballot. I think that knowledge is contributing to the increase in votes for Bonds. Going to be really hard to rationalize excluding Bonds when Ortiz is in.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by White Knight View Post

Not just that. No one that tested positive has ever gotten in the HOF.
    Does Ortiz count as "tested positive?" Cuz Ortiz is certainly going in.

I am not saying I don't believe Ortiz. There was certainly a lot of questions re: that whole thing and I will give him the BOTD (though I don't have him in my HOF regardless). That being said, the media believed him with very little push back. A benefit of the doubt they have never given anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied

If Palmeiro with his 569 home runs, 23,020 hits, 1,835 RBI, 1,663 runs was bumped off the HoF ballot on his first try it doesn't look good for Cano. However, Cano will not on the HoF ballot for probably at least decade so things may be viewed very differently by then. Who knows?

Leave a comment:

• Toledo Inquisition
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post

I don't see how you can say that for certain. Unless the voters are colluding with each other to make sure that enough people don't vote for Bonds or Clemens to get that percentage, it's largely out of their control. Those that keep Bonds and Clemens off the ballot will have to hope enough of the others are of like minds.
    Just my opinion based on my analysis on assumed number of new HOF voters each year versus the past votes. No collusion assumed or predicted.

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied

I bet it does, you're absolute on this issue right?
    Pretty much, yeah.

Leave a comment:

• White Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    Works for me...
    I bet it does, you're absolute on this issue right?

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post

They'll stall out at 70-71%. VC will have to get them in, and I think they'll have a harder time with the VC than with the sportswriters.
    I don't see how you can say that for certain. Unless the voters are colluding with each other to make sure that enough people don't vote for Bonds or Clemens to get that percentage, it's largely out of their control. Those that keep Bonds and Clemens off the ballot will have to hope enough of the others are of like minds.

Leave a comment:

• Toledo Inquisition
    replied

That'll change when Bonds and Clemens get in.
    They'll stall out at 70-71%. VC will have to get them in, and I think they'll have a harder time with the VC than with the sportswriters.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied

That'll change when Bonds and Clemens get in.

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied

Works for me...

Leave a comment:

• White Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    I think the timing of Palmeiro's positive test, coming right after he lied through his teeth to a congressional committee, shaking his finger at them in righteous indignation, had something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    We touched on it in other forums. : )
    Like at least 3 Cano threads.

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied
    Originally posted by yankees2003 View Post
    So no HoF for Robbie, right? I mean one positive PED test derailed the chances of Raffy Palmeiro and he had 3,000 hits and almost 600 home runs.
    I think the timing of Palmeiro's positive test, coming right after he lied through his teeth to a congressional committee, shaking his finger at them in righteous indignation, had something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• yankees2003
    replied
    So no HoF for Robbie, right? I mean one positive PED test derailed the chances of Raffy Palmeiro and he had 3,000 hits and almost 600 home runs.

Leave a comment:

• Hammerin Hank
    replied
    Holy....

I am surprised to learn that a player's time spent on the DL counts toward his suspension. His broken hand couldn't have come at a better time.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X