2018 Japan series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Japan series

Mlb vs Nippon "all stars". Japan won first game 7-6.

do you know if there are streams to watch It?

I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

I wish MLB would hype this series more. They've been fun and exciting in the past. Are the games even being televised here in the US?
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 11-10-2018, 01:25 PM.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

MLB Network

Comment

I don't know if they want to hype this series more. Then again, if they did, the MLB's best pitcher probably wouldn't be Colin McHugh.

So far, MLB blew Game 1 after a back-and-forth affair when Hawks star Yuki Yanagita hit a two-out, walk-off homer off Rays reliever Kirby Yates. Second game, Samurai Japan blew the first two guys Erasmo Ramirez and Brian Johnson out of the building, with all 12 runs charged to them. Lions star outfielder Shogo Akiyama who now holds the NPB single-season hits record, and Yanagita both have six ribbies so far.

For the MLBers, Juan Soto has two homers and J. T. Realmuto had a good second game.
        Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 11-10-2018, 09:14 PM.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

The mlb lineup is pretty decent but the pitching is very sub par. Understandable as injury risk is much greater for pitchers.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Game 3 went much better for the MLB pitchers, with Scott Barlow of the Royals giving up just a run in 4 1/3 innings. John Brebbia of the Cards gave up two in the ninth. J. T. Realmuto got another homer and Yadier Molina got a three-run shot in the third, raising his average to .636 with a three-hit day.

Comment

Molina also had a spectacular pick off to first. Released the ball so quick that the hitter just finished checking his swing as Molina released the ball.

Comment

Ninth inning meltdown from Kirby Yates and John Brebbia aided by an error from J. T. Realmuto gives Japan another win so the best MLB can do now is tie the series.

Comment

The NPB All Stars have only won this series twice before (1990, 2014).
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Why only play 6 games rather than an odd number? I recall reading years ago that a tie game is actually a good result in Japan because then neither team "loses face."

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                      The NPB All Stars have only won this series twice before (1990, 2014).
                      Well, they'll win it again with their last win.

I think that sentiment is true to an extent because there is still that element on losing face. In You Gotta Have Wa, a book about Japanese baseball from 1987, the idea was described as no one's feelings got hurt with a tie. I can go dig for the quote, but that's the way I remember it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X