This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post

We'll see what he does. I still don't think he's winning the MVP.
    Of course not. He doesn't play for the Dodgers. He's essentially ineligible.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"All of which makes perfect sense on paper, unless you have actually at any time in your life watched baseball being played." - The Commissioner

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
      I turned on the Mets game last night and said
      That's kind of your default with them, isn't it?

I renew your open ended invitation for you to return to your childhood team. People who know about Bill Bruton are always needed in Braves fandom.

And, yeah, Sam...2018 Folty is back in evidence.

3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"All of which makes perfect sense on paper, unless you have actually at any time in your life watched baseball being played." - The Commissioner

Comment

• The rocking chair on the front porch is awaiting C.C. Sabathia. I mean, if you're 5 wins and 8 losses for the team that provides its pitchers with about the greatest run support of any team in history then you really should retire. The only statistical goals he might be able to reach before this season and his career ends are that he might be able to improve his standing from 17th on the all-time Strikeouts list with 3,080 Ks. he could pass John Smoltz's 3,084 Ks total on his next start to move into 16th place all-time and if stays in the Yankees rotation through the end of the season he has a chance to overtake Curt Schilling (3,116 career strikeouts) for 15th place all-time before "hanging them up".

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
          That's kind of your default with them, isn't it?

I renew your open ended invitation for you to return to your childhood team. People who know about Bill Bruton are always needed in Braves fandom.

And, yeah, Sam...2018 Folty is back in evidence.
          It's too late, LB. I've been watching the Mets for 10 years now, I guess I'm hooked. And the Mets, exasperating as they are, are rarely boring.

Yes, our manager's a knucklehead, and our ownership is evil (they released Adeiny Hechavarría one day before he would have earned a $1 million bonus), but it's a joy to watch Jacob deGrom pitch, and Jeff Mcneil and Pete Alonso hit, and I can't see the Braves games anyway, so Let's Go Mets.
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
            The rocking chair on the front porch is awaiting C.C. Sabathia. I mean, if you're 5 wins and 8 losses for the team that provides its pitchers with about the greatest run support of any team in history then you really should retire. The only statistical goals he might be able to reach before this season and his career ends are that he might be able to improve his standing from 17th on the all-time Strikeouts list with 3,080 Ks. he could pass John Smoltz's 3,084 Ks total on his next start to move into 16th place all-time and if stays in the Yankees rotation through the end of the season he has a chance to overtake Curt Schilling (3,116 career strikeouts) for 15th place all-time before "hanging them up".
            He's certainly not alone among players who don't know when to quit. The media has by and large "locked up" his HOF case–he'll get in easily. Chasing milestones is one thing, but when you become a detriment to the team's success it's time to stop; would there even be any desperately pitching-starved teams willing to take him on in 2020?

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post

Of course not. He doesn't play for the Dodgers. He's essentially ineligible.
              The Dodgers have had one MVP winner in the last 30 years.
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

• Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post

The Dodgers have had one MVP winner in the last 30 years.
                It's a race between Bellinger and Yelich. There's no doubt in my mind.
                46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post

It's a race between Bellinger and Yelich. There's no doubt in my mind.
                  And rightfully so.
                  My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Barry Bonds
                  3. Ty Cobb
                  4. Ted Williams
                  5. Willie Mays
                  6. Alex Rodriguez
                  7. Hank Aaron
                  8. Honus Wagner
                  9. Lou Gehrig
                  10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

And rightfully so.
                    That's been my point the entire time. Articles saying Acuna is in the MVP race are wastes of bandwidth. Only Atlanta writers would vote him above Yelich or Bellinger.
                    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 08-25-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Today Ian Kennedy of the Royals pitched 1 inning, allowed 4 earned runs and got the win. Gotta love it.
                      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                      2. Barry Bonds
                      3. Ty Cobb
                      4. Ted Williams
                      5. Willie Mays
                      6. Alex Rodriguez
                      7. Hank Aaron
                      8. Honus Wagner
                      9. Lou Gehrig
                      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Today Ian Kennedy of the Royals pitched 1 inning, allowed 4 earned runs and got the win. Gotta love it.
                        Some guys just know how to win.
                        1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                        The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Today Ian Kennedy of the Royals pitched 1 inning, allowed 4 earned runs and got the win. Gotta love it.
                          I doubt you'd find many posts in BBF that argue that relievers wins are a great measure of their value.
                          All Hail Harold Baines, Baseball Hall of Fame Class 2019

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

• So I guess I missed out on the Dads Rickrolling the Sox during the 7th inning stretch last night. didn't know it was 2007 again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post

I doubt you'd find many posts in BBF that argue that relievers wins are a great measure of their value.
                              Luke Jackson has seven of them. He spent several months of the season being despised by Braves fans.

Comment

• Bryce Harper has been tearing it up in August. He's slugging .675 with 10 home runs in 20 games. Tonight his season SLG% reached .500 for the first time since April 28th. Good for Bryce.
                                My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                                2. Barry Bonds
                                3. Ty Cobb
                                4. Ted Williams
                                5. Willie Mays
                                6. Alex Rodriguez
                                7. Hank Aaron
                                8. Honus Wagner
                                9. Lou Gehrig
                                10. Mickey Mantle

Comment