No announcement yet.

Keuchel saga finally coming to an end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keuchel saga finally coming to an end?

Article on Dallas Keuchel's unfortunate contract situation
    https://mlbtalk.home.blog/2019/04/16...ing-to-an-end/

Both keuchel and Kimbrel absolutely shouldn't sign a one year deal. They are not getting any better and won't raise their value. Better take a bad 3 year deal because they won't get a better one next off season either, the market is not changing. Don't buy waiting until June either. Sure comp pick goes away but a comp pick is worth about 6 mil, by waiting half a season they will lose more than those 6m if the team wants to discount that from their contract.

so if Kimbrel is worth 3/50 It would be better for him to take 3/45 now instead of waiting till June.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
      Both keuchel and Kimbrel absolutely shouldn't sign a one year deal. They are not getting any better and won't raise their value. Better take a bad 3 year deal because they won't get a better one next off season either, the market is not changing. Don't buy waiting until June either. Sure comp pick goes away but a comp pick is worth about 6 mil, by waiting half a season they will lose more than those 6m if the team wants to discount that from their contract.

so if Kimbrel is worth 3/50 It would be better for him to take 3/45 now instead of waiting till June.
      I agree, it seems to have been very bad strategy. Why hold out for offers that just aren't there?

Comment

Honestly, I think if the comp situation wasn't there, the Braves would have signed Kimbrel right now. But the penalties imposed on them make it almost necessary that they draft someone to help their minor league system.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I think the draft pick & IFA money are making teams hesitate.

Mets could really use an average starter like Keuchel. But their farm system took a hit this past offseason, with the trade for Edwin Diaz. It's tough to forfeit that draft pick for Keuchel, who isn't that good in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by redban View Post
            I think the draft pick & IFA money are making teams hesitate.

Mets could really use an average starter like Keuchel. But their farm system took a hit this past offseason, with the trade for Edwin Diaz. It's tough to forfeit that draft pick for Keuchel, who isn't that good in the first place.
            Exactly. If there's one thing the MLBPA can do in negotiations for the next CBA, it's to get rid of the qualifying offer system.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I think at this point boras is hoping that a big club has a season ending pitching injury and then panicks. But the Yankees have essentially that with severino and are still not biting. I wonder which team could.
              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X