Your Thoughts on Dogpiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thoughts on Dogpiles

I watch some of these dogpiles happen and these players are running at full speed and launching themselves on top of a pile of other players and it surprises me that no one has been seriously injured. Do you think it's safe or do you think this is a horrible accident waiting to happen?

Everything is going to be ok.
    "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Kendrys morales fractured his ankle doing stuff like this when he landed awkwardly a couple years ago.
      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

This trend does seem like something that belonged in High School baseball, and not so much at higher levels.

Yogi Berra's biography describes his team including a 3rd string catcher who depended on the postseason gate receipts income a great deal. His wife had encouraged him to buy so large a house that he needed WS income to pay the mortgage. That house was nicknamed the House That Berra Built by the rest of the team, since Yogi had led the team so long to so many WS appearances through that year. This bio mentions most players depended on the postseason income.

The point is, I can't see the Yankees, or any team in that era 'dogpiling'. Even the 1951 Giants didn't do that. It seems.... juvenile.
        Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

Freak accidents can happen, but they're grown men. They know what they're getting into.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
            Kendrys morales fractured his ankle doing stuff like this when he landed awkwardly a couple years ago.
            And yet they still do it. They know what they're getting into.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

better than the football dude who jumped over a bull

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27167874
              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X