Bellinger now crying sour grapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellinger now crying sour grapes

I think this whole situation with the astros is getting a little ridiculous....yes I agree they cheated they got caught and they should have had a punishment. As an A's fan obviously it stings, but the way people are acting it's like it's the black sox all over again. I don't care what anyone says more teams were doing this besides the astros and Red Sox. Beltran even said in the report that the astros were behind the curve in their sign stealing ways and they needed to catch up, most every team in sure were doing the same thing. Only problem is the astros and Red Sox got caught. So all these teams crying now saying the astros cheated the game and this and that just shut up. Yankees players and fans need to keep quiet too, you lost to them in 2017 and 2019 because your team couldn't hit when it mattered. Same with dodgers fans. And Cody bellinger needs to shut up as well, the reason his team lost the series is mainly due to the fact that their MVP stunk up the joint and struck out almost 50% of the time he came up to the plate. And to say altuve stole an MVP from judge in 2017? Has anyone seen his home road splits in 2017? Has anyone seen altuves home road splits in his career? He's a better hitter on the road then he is at home. Give me a break. You lost the series get over it. Fans should just get over it too , its over with. Spring training here we go!

If Altuve hadn't led the AL in batting average and hit something like .313 instead, Judge probably would have won the MVP instead. That being said, I'm getting tired of it as well. It's just empty virtue signaling at this stage and it'll be mostly forgotten by the time the season starts.

I am interested in seeing if there's organized heckling by opposing fans when the Astros come to town. In the same vein in what people did to "protest" Bonds.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
      it'll be mostly forgotten by the time the season starts.
      No, it won't. One pitcher, Ross Stripling, has already suggested that he would throw at the Astros hitters, if he faced them (he won't, unless they meet again in the WS). SoCal Little League has forbidden naming any team Astros. The Astros will be booed every place they go this year.

That said, maybe the team will open up more about what exactly they did or didn't know. Correa is certainly talking, and agrees with the OP:

Correa pointed to the commissioner’s report and said Bellinger “either doesn’t know how to read, is really bad at reading comprehension, or is just not informed at all.” Correa added, “If you don’t know the facts, then you’ve got to shut the f— up.”
      Correa said this about Altuve:

“The few times that the trash can was banged was without his consent, and he would go inside the clubhouse and inside the dugout to whoever was banging the trash can and he would get pissed. He would get mad. He would say, ‘I don’t want this. I can’t hit like this. Don’t you do that to me.’ He played the game clean.”
      That is consistent with Altuve's having < 3% of his pitches associated with bangs, according to the Adams data.

However, Correa offered up a weird explanation for why Altuve wouldn't rip his shirt off after a walk-off HR:

The second reason — he doesn’t want me to talk about this, but I’m going to say it, is because he’s got an unfinished tattoo on his collarbone that honestly looked terrible. It was a bad tattoo, and he didn’t want nobody to see it. He didn’t want to show it at all.”
      Correa also claimed that the Astros didn't benefit from sign stealing during the 2017 WS, but at the same time said they definitely did benefit during the regular season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/carlos-corr...193515958.html
      Last edited by Stolensingle; 02-15-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

He was being asked questions by reporters. It's not like he was expressing his feelings and opinions on his own like crybaby Verlander would. But Verlander has no choice but to be quiet about his own team's scandal.
        Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

I strongly disagree! Manfred allowed the Astros to get away with this for the last 3 years despite numerous warnings/complaints from other teams. Based on their insincere apologies, absurd claims that it didn't help them & apparently messing with pitchers they cheated against by telling them privately that they were tipping their pitches, the Astros are POS organization from top to bottom. Crane should be forced to sell the team & the ringleaders should be banned from MLB. Also, I absolutely do NOT believe all or most teams were cheating. Even if they were, the weakest excuse in the book is "everyone else is doing it too." That doesn't work if you are speeding & shouldn't work if you are undermining the integrity of the game. Lastly, Correa should stop lying! There is a picture circulating on Twitter showing a shirtless Altuve without any tattoos. It was apparently taken a few months after the 2017 WS.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdGenCub View Post
            I strongly disagree! Manfred allowed the Astros to get away with this for the last 3 years despite numerous warnings/complaints from other teams. Based on their insincere apologies, absurd claims that it didn't help them & apparently messing with pitchers they cheated against by telling them privately that they were tipping their pitches, the Astros are POS organization from top to bottom. Crane should be forced to sell the team & the ringleaders should be banned from MLB. Also, I absolutely do NOT believe all or most teams were cheating. Even if they were, the weakest excuse in the book is "everyone else is doing it too." That doesn't work if you are speeding & shouldn't work if you are undermining the integrity of the game. Lastly, Correa should stop lying! There is a picture circulating on Twitter showing a shirtless Altuve without any tattoos. It was apparently taken a few months after the 2017 WS.
            While you are at it on those resignation requests, would you also like the Giants to return the 1951 pennant to the Dodgers?

Keep in mind please, I am a Cards fan. We've never asked the Royals to abdicate their 1985 spoils.
            Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

FWIW, I’ve see people scour the interwebs for shirtless, and tatooless Altuve photos, including ones BEFORE 2019! *rolls eyes*
              NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
              Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
              Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

Originally posted by abolishthedh View Post

While you are at it on those resignation requests, would you also like the Giants to return the 1951 pennant to the Dodgers?

Keep in mind please, I am a Cards fan. We've never asked the Royals to abdicate their 1985 spoils.

The Royals didn't cheat. They benefitted fron a bad call by the ump.
                Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post

The Royals didn't cheat. They benefitted fron a bad call by the ump.
                  Let us be clear, one time through. Cheating as the the Astros have done is N O R M A L in baseball.

If this is news for you, you've been following the wrong sport.

BTW, with freedom of speech disagreement is as certain as a sunrise somewhere today.

Whiney, whiney, whiney.

Rooting for your team this year amounts to rooting for the laundry to cheat. That is baseball.

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

In the next 5 minutes, should someone prove that the 'Stros had someone all seasons, plural, in a Houston condo watching games and feeding tips to the dugout, then I'll see this as anything more.

In the meantime, we are not watching PGA golf. I pay and spend time watching one team manipulate its players and environment against another. This done always to nail its opponent against the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdGenCub View Post
                      Correa should stop lying! There is a picture circulating on Twitter showing a shirtless Altuve without any tattoos. It was apparently taken a few months after the 2017 WS.
                      The HR in question was hit last fall, the 2019 LCS. Not saying he had a tattoo then, or that even if he did that it was a reason to keep his shirt on, but not seeing a tattoo in 2017 is irrelevant to 2019.

Comment

Okay, so people won't forget it, but I do think there will come a point where it will tone down. The frenzy has to be kept up by somebody.
                        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by A'sman View Post
                          And Cody bellinger needs to shut up as well, the reason his team lost the series is mainly due to the fact that their MVP stunk up the joint and struck out almost 50% of the time he came up to the plate.
                          Bellinger wasn't yet an MVP in 2017. He was a 21 year old rookie.

And anyway why are you butthurt about Bellinger speaking his mind? It is a fact that the Astros cheated to win that series, of course he is going to feel that his team was robbed, and rightfully so. You also have to realize that it affected his pocketbook - each player on the winning team received a share $179,000 higher than the losing team's players. That's a lot of money for a rookie on a $500k salary.
                          Last edited by GiambiJuice; 02-16-2020, 08:36 PM.
                          My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                          2. Barry Bonds
                          3. Ty Cobb
                          4. Ted Williams
                          5. Willie Mays
                          6. Alex Rodriguez
                          7. Hank Aaron
                          8. Honus Wagner
                          9. Lou Gehrig
                          10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by abolishthedh View Post

I never said vacate the title because that's largely meaningless. However, I would definitely remove Leo Durocher from the HOF since he was the mastermind behind the 1951 cheating by the Giants. You equate an umpire making a mistake in the 1985 WS with systematic cheating by the FO & a large number of players over apparently 3 seasons, resulting in them winning one tainted WS and almost stealing another WS. You need to dial down your Cardinal fandom it's cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain!

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                              Okay, so people won't forget it, but I do think there will come a point where it will tone down. The frenzy has to be kept up by somebody.
                              It certainly will not tone down during the all star break as the game is in LA. Would you really want to be an Astros representative in LA this summer?

Also, will Dusty be the AL manager?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X