This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huff disinvited to 10-year anniversary by wife beater Larry Baer

Aubrey Huff has been explicitly disinvited from the San Francisco Giants 10-year anniversary celebration of their 2010 World Series Championship for no good reason whatsoever by Giants CEO, and wife beater, Larry Baer.

Huff led the 2010 Giants with 26 home runs during the regular season that year, and batted .294 with another homer and 4 RBIs during the World Series against the Texas Rangers.

Huff has now issued the following public statement in response to this baseless and mean-spirited anti-freedom of speech snub (source: Aubrey Huff's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff ):

HuffStatement.png
    Last edited by Seattle1; 02-18-2020, 01:24 AM.

Well, that's Huff's side of the story. Here's the Giants side:

Multiple sources have indicated that Huff’s political posts that include fierce support for President Donald Trump did not influence the team’s decision to keep the former first baseman away from the reunion. Instead, the Giants perceived many of Huff’s posts as misogynistic, derogatory and offensive and concluded that those views are in opposition to what the organization stands for.
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/...eries-reunion/

Among his notable tweets are one of him holding up a gun range target sheet with bullet holes and saying he was training his sons in case Bernie Sanders wins the 2020 presidential election and another where he said it would be a good idea to fly to Iran and kidnap women who live in the country.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eptable-tweets

Sounds like another Schilling to me.I doubt very much that his support for Trump would be a factor, given that the large number of Giants players invited is highly likely to include Trump supporters.
    Last edited by Stolensingle; 02-18-2020, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Psst hey I've got a secret for you...i's a little-known thing called Freedom Of Speech! Baseball player have that right too. Even San Francisco baseball players, lol. Hellloooo!!! McFly!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post

Psst hey I've got a secret for you...i's a little-known thing called Freedom Of Speech! Baseball player have that right too. Even San Francisco baseball players, lol. Hellloooo!!! McFly!!!!

Here's how it works: Huff is free to tweet his tweets, nobody is stopping or censoring him, his freedom of speech is intact.

The Giants are free to invite or not invite whoever they want to their reunion. Very simple.
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Seattle1, I don't think you know what freedom of speech really means in this country. It only protects you from getting punished by the government.

Oh, and Huff is a clown.
          Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

As a life long Giants fan I am disappointed with this move. Dumb and clownish tweets is one thing but to actually tell Huff that because he supports Trump he is not invited is absurd. I wonder if Buster Posey came out as a Trump supporter what would the Giants do?
            Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

As much as I think the club is outta line here, I think they're more upset with Huff supporting violence should he not get his way electorally than anything else. And there's no excuse for his behavior, especially considering how a baseball player can and does influence young minds. His "locker room humor" should go no further than the locker room.
              Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                Here's how it works: Huff is free to tweet his tweets, nobody is stopping or censoring him, his freedom of speech is intact.

The Giants are free to invite or not invite whoever they want to their reunion. Very simple.
                This. The giants are a private company and not a public organisation, they can hire and invite whoever they want.

The same happened to that kapernick guy after he protested, nfl wasn't forced to hire him either.
                I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                  As a life long Giants fan I am disappointed with this move. Dumb and clownish tweets is one thing but to actually tell Huff that because he supports Trump he is not invited is absurd. I wonder if Buster Posey came out as a Trump supporter what would the Giants do?
                  Huh? He didn't get banned from the celebration for being a Trump supporter. He got bammed for comments like kidnapping Iranian women and raping them and training his son to use a gun for a civil war in case Bernie wins 2020. The team is based in San Francisco, perhaps the worst city for any vocal, moronic Trump supporter. Maybe he'd get away with those comments if the team was called the Alabama Giants.

Why would Posey get criticized for just for being a Trump supporter. Bumgarner is a Trump supporter and he was never frowned upon by Giants fans.
                  Last edited by UnderPressure; 02-18-2020, 01:02 PM.
                  Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post

This. The giants are a private company and not a public organisation, they can hire and invite whoever they want.

The same happened to that kapernick guy after he protested, nfl wasn't forced to hire him either.
                    It's is mindblowing how many times people have to explain this simple fact to grown adults.

If I tell my boss his wife is ugly, the government can't do anything about it, but my boss certainly can (and will) fire me. If I went to work tomorrow and started loudly joking about shooting Bernie Sanders or kidnapping Iraqi women, I'd very likley get fired. If I walked to work and sai I was a Trump supporter, I wouldn't...because there are a lot of them there. That has nothing to do with the 1st amendment and Lord help us all.

1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Huff should attend anyway. Nothing like crashing a party.
                      The playoffs should expand eventually, but only if MLB itself expands.

See my blog for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post

Bumgarner is a Trump supporter
                        There you go, Aubrey. I'm sure MadBum was invited.

On a typical 40 man or whatever roster (back in those days), I'll bet at least a dozen players are sympathetic to Trump. Huff has no case that this was a reason for not inviting him.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post

Huh? He didn't get banned from the celebration for being a Trump supporter. He got bammed for comments like kidnapping Iranian women and raping them and training his son to use a gun for a civil war in case Bernie wins 2020. The team is based in San Francisco, perhaps the worst city for any vocal, moronic Trump supporter. Maybe he'd get away with those comments if the team was called the Alabama Giants.

Why would Posey get criticized for just for being a Trump supporter. Bumgarner is a Trump supporter and he was never frowned upon by Giants fans.
                          Huff has claimed that Larry Baer told him one of the reasons he was not invited was his support of Trump.
                          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post

Huff has claimed that Larry Baer told him one of the reasons he was not invited was his support of Trump.
                            Huff sounds like the kinda guy who would never lie.... or never assume political persecution when anyone disagrees with him.
                            1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                            The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Seattle1, your anger is misplaced. You are "blaming the messenger", so to speak. You are putting this all on the CEO when it was apparently Huff's 2010 teammates who voted unanimously to disinvite him.

It's also likely that some of them threatened to not show up to the event unless Huff was disinvited. Blame the snowflake players, not the CEO.

And whoever invoked "mUh fReEdom oF sPeEcH!"...I'm sorry, you have no idea what you are talking about. This is not a first amendment issue.

And not that it matters, but I voted for Trump in 2016 and look forward to doing so again on November 3rd. But even if Huff was disinvited solely for supporting Trump - which doesn't appear to be the case - the Giants are within their rights to disinvite him.

My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                              2. Barry Bonds
                              3. Ty Cobb
                              4. Ted Williams
                              5. Willie Mays
                              6. Alex Rodriguez
                              7. Hank Aaron
                              8. Honus Wagner
                              9. Lou Gehrig
                              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment