This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post
    The NBA just named the All Star MVP Award after a rapist, and Huff can't go to the reunion for some offensive tweets???
    Not just offensive. The man promotes violence against women and encourages it against people who disagree with him. I wouldn't want him representing my organization to millions of people either. He's in the public eye. Whether he likes it or not, he needs to own the consequences of his rhetoric.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

My Ignore List is my friend.
      Last edited by Los Bravos; 02-20-2020, 10:11 PM.
      3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"To this day, and forever, no one will ever be able to make sense of the game’s record book, now smeared with phony honors. It’s unfixable." - Thomas Boswell

Comment

Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
        I've never used it in the 12 years I've been here, but this thread is testing my resolve.
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
          I've never used it in the 12 years I've been here, but this thread is testing my resolve.
          I'm not complaining, mind you, but I sometimes wish I had the option to use it.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
            Life is too short to read dumb stuff.
            3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"To this day, and forever, no one will ever be able to make sense of the game’s record book, now smeared with phony honors. It’s unfixable." - Thomas Boswell

Comment

How has my thread about using "the" before MLB been closed but this is open? No offense to Seattle1. I wouldn't have known about this if I didn't read about it here. I think the Giants look like fools and Huff doesn't look a whole lot better. They seem made for each other. Don't people in San Francisco take acid anymore?
              "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
                How has my thread about using "the" before MLB been closed but this is open? No offense to Seattle1. I wouldn't have known about this if I didn't read about it here. I think the Giants look like fools and Huff doesn't look a whole lot better. They seem made for each other. Don't people in San Francisco take acid anymore?
                I felt the "the" thread simply ran its course. It was a valid "rant," but the semantics had been well discussed, and the posts were becoming predominantly non-baseball.

If you've read this thread, you'll see it's come kinda close to being closed a coupla times. For the most part, tho, the crux of it is still about the Huff/Giants issue. If it transgresses enough, rest assured it'll be closed.
                Put it in the books.

Comment

Former MLB player Aubrey Huff explains World Series reunion snub: 'It was all about President Trump'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former...dent-trump.amp

My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Barry Bonds
                  3. Ty Cobb
                  4. Ted Williams
                  5. Willie Mays
                  6. Alex Rodriguez
                  7. Hank Aaron
                  8. Honus Wagner
                  9. Lou Gehrig
                  10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

I just removed a few posts that completely ignored the previous warnings and were non-baseball and very personal. This is the final warning this thread will receive. Further transgressions will result in the thread's closure, as well as suspensions.
                    Put it in the books.

Comment

Life is too short to read dumb stuff.
                      hmmm. how do you know it was dumb, if you didn't read it?

This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X