Chris Sale to have Tommy John surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Sale to have Tommy John surgery

Red Sox left-hander Chris Sale will undergo Tommy John surgery, as per a team announcement. Sale will be out of action for roughly the next 12-15 months, as per the usual recovery timeline, and will miss all of the 2020 season.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-surgery.html
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

This is a great time to have surgery. Sale won't miss the full season, we know that pretty much for sure, and who knows how many games will be played while he's out. I'd think any player on the fence about surgery ought to go for it now. You're basically getting a discount in terms of games missed.

Comment

It was a matter of time before he went under the knife. Although Massachusetts hospitals have halted indefinitely all elective/non-essential surgeries... wherever he does go to have it done, and whenever, I hope it turns as normal as possible. ("Normal" in times like this... seems strange, doesn't it?)

Comment

Originally posted by Stolensingle View Post
        This is a great time to have surgery. Sale won't miss the full season, we know that pretty much for sure, and who knows how many games will be played while he's out. I'd think any player on the fence about surgery ought to go for it now. You're basically getting a discount in terms of games missed.
        He should have had it done 6 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by willshad View Post

He should have had it done 6 months ago.
          Couldn't do it too close to the extension signing, there would have been an (understandable) uproar over convenient timing. Though yes, once everyone realized the season was lost in mid-August was the time to pack it in and more easily retool for 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolensingle View Post
            Yeah pretty good time, first of all this season we will likely have only like 100 games at best and also the red sox are doing this little mini rebuild (like the yankees did when they traded miller and chapman) and won't be that good anyway this season.
            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by pedrosrotatorcuff View Post
              It was a matter of time before he went under the knife. Although Massachusetts hospitals have halted indefinitely all elective/non-essential surgeries... wherever he does go to have it done, and whenever, I hope it turns as normal as possible. ("Normal" in times like this... seems strange, doesn't it?)
              This is a good point. Hospitals are being criticized for doing elective surgeries now, though they're a major source of their income. I'm wondering if someone with Sale's wealth could have the surgery at home, so at least he wouldn't be taking up hospital space.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X