X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Suit of Armor; Babo exits disgracefully

"you all got what you wanted..."

Didn't this armor wearing steroid punk say he was walking away from the game over a year ago? Now it's yes I'm going to play and then well maybe not....

http://www.leadingthecharge.com/stor...-00146075.html

Giants‘ Bonds No-Show for Spring Training
    Staff and agencies
    20 February, 2006

By The Associated Press 2 hours, 38 minutes ago

One day after contradicting reports that Barry Bonds was either ready to retire after the season or set to play 10 more years, the San Francisco star did not show up Monday on the voluntary reporting date for Giants players.

"Given the fact that Barry didn‘t play practically the entire season last year, we‘d like to see him here early," manager Felipe Alou said. "But we can‘t bring a guy here by force before the first of March."

Bonds‘ absence left his teammates to react to his comments to USA Today that his injured knee has forced him to take pain pills and that he plans to retire, and to his remarks to MLB.com that he was just "playing psychological games" and his knee brace feels so good he might play another decade.

Bonds is in the final season of his $90 million, five-year contract and will be eligible for free agency after the World Series , meaning his time with the Giants could be up even if he doesn‘t retire.

In Tampa, Fla., Alex Rodriguez said he is unhappy with organizers of the World Baseball Classic for the way they handled his decision to play for the United States instead of the Dominican Republic. The New York Yankees third baseman took issue with reports that he vacillated between playing for the Americans and the Dominicans.

Rodriguez wouldn‘t identify any officials he spoke with, opting to say only "central baseball."

Rodriguez downplayed comments made by Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who criticized A-Rod‘s WBC decision.

In Jupiter, Fla., the Florida Marlins ‘ first workout under new manager Joe Girardi lasted more than three hours.

Seven everyday regulars and three top pitchers departed in a payroll purge during the offseason.

In Fort Lauderdale, Fla., All-Star second baseman Brian Roberts said he could miss the Baltimore Orioles ‘ season opener because of the elbow injury that cut short his finest season in the major leagues five months ago.

The Orioles‘ leadoff hitter set career highs in batting average (.314), homers (18) and RBIs (73) before dislocating his left elbow in a collision at first base during a Sept. 20 game against the New York Yankees. Roberts also tore a tendon and a ligament on the play.

He expects to field grounders when the Orioles‘ full squad practices for the first time Tuesday, but his work with a bat will be restricted to swinging off a tee.

"My ultimate goal is still to play opening day. That‘s what I‘d like to do. Still, we don‘t know for sure what it‘s going to be, at this point," Roberts said. "If I play opening day, it would be awesome, but if it happens to be two weeks later, I understand that you have to do what‘s right. Injuries are a part of it, unfortunately."

At Vero Beach, Fla., Dodgers closer Eric Gagne threw off a mound for the second time in spring training. Gagne, the 2003 NL Cy Young Award winner, is recovering from elbow surgery on June 24.

"I was impressed with his velocity," catcher Pat Borders said. "He lived up to the billing that I‘ve heard."

New Dodgers manager Grady Little said Gagne‘s health is an important factor in the Dodgers‘ success.

"He, by himself, is credited with being able to keep the fans in the ballpark in Dodger Stadium until the ninth inning," Little said. "I think the season standings speak for themselves when he‘s there and when he‘s not there. He wasn‘t there last year, and you saw what happened."

A year after winning the NL West, the Dodgers were 71-91 last season — their worst record since 1992.
    "I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curveball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."

I for one will be happy to never see another player stepping up to the plate wearing a Mid-Evil suit of armor again!

Goodbye Babo; feel free to let the door hit you in the arse on the way out!
    "I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curveball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."

Comment

Originally posted by Nomtoc
      I for one will be happy to never see another player stepping up to the plate wearing a Mid-Evil suit of armor again!

Goodbye Babo; feel free to let the door hit you in the arse on the way out!
      why didnt you put this with other (very) recent barry threads? you dont like barry, we get it. do you need to start another thread to proclaim that fact?

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
        why didnt you put this with other (very) recent barry threads? you dont like barry, we get it. do you need to start another thread to proclaim that fact?
        Well genius, there were no threads on the first or second page in this section of the forum this morning when I read and then posted this. Sorry it destroys your World that I did not do a search through the entire history and dig up an old thread just for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomtoc
          Well genius, there were no threads on the first or second page in this section of the forum this morning when I read and then posted this. Sorry it destroys your World that I did not do a search through the entire history and dig up an old thread just for you.
          Between your opening salvo and this smart alecky remark, I'm closing this.

Please feel free to post again, but this time, try talking baseball on a somewhat intellectual level, not bashing players, calling them punks. Doesn't take much talent, thought or time to do that.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X