Revised 2020 MLB Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised 2020 MLB Schedule

Has MLB announced anywhere the revised schedule for the 60 game 2020 season? Surely they are not going to continue with the original schedule on July 24?
    Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

So far the only thing that I've heard mentioned is Yankees at Nationals for July 23, and even that's unofficial.

The schedule will be completely redrawn from scratch.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

At the risk of hijacking this topic, any schedule and any number of games will be unfair to someone.

There is a very good chance that the WS winner is doomed to have an asterisk. IMHO, that winner will likely be the healthiest. That status would include staying virus free.

Such is fate, especially this year.
      Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

Originally posted by abolishthedh View Post
        At the risk of hijacking this topic, any schedule and any number of games will be unfair to someone.

There is a very good chance that the WS winner is doomed to have an asterisk. IMHO, that winner will likely be the healthiest. That status would include staying virus free.

Such is fate, especially this year.
        Exactly who will put an asterisk next to the World Series champion?
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post

Well, I will, if you're looking for volunteers.
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Jim Crane.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

I haven't seen game dates yet though you can bet they'll be issued ASAP - in the next three weeks, certainly - though tickets likely won't be sold to any of them this year.

As for the schedule, it's 60 games. Each team will play 40 games against its divisional opponents (10 games versus each) and 20 games against the teams in its "mirror" division in the opposing league. AL East teams will play NL East teams, AL Central teams will play NL Central, etc. That will mean 4 games vs each of the interleague opponents.

A scheduling example is below:

2020 New York Yankees

10 games vs. Baltimore Orioles
              10 games vs. Boston Red Sox
              10 games vs. Tampa Bay Rays
              10 games vs. Toronto Blue Jays
              4 games vs. Atlanta Braves
              4 games vs. Miami Marlins
              4 games vs. New York Mets
              4 games vs. Philadelphia Phillies
              4 games vs. Washington Nationals

My assumption is that all interleague games will be played consecutively in two stretches. That is, the Yankees would travel to the Braves, Marlins, Mets, Nats and Phillies one after the other, playing only two games each - for a 10-game road trip. This would make sense to reduce travel and COVID-19 exposure.
              "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
              "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
              "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
              "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Exactly. No one asterisks the 1981 Los Angeles Dodgers. No one will asterisk 2020.

Individual fans are free to hold their own opinions and if someone wants to place a mental "asterisk" on the season, go ahead. Major League Baseball won't.
                "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

Major League Baseball plans to officially announce its 2020 schedule Monday. The Yankees at Nats and Giants at Dodgers are expected to be the two nationally televised games on July 23, with everyone else opening July 24.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...84480151973888
                  The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Well that was certainly timely.

Comment

Schedule is out. It is as if, every team in MLB on July 23, 2020, has an identical record of 51-51 . . . gonna be interesting! I hate that free man at 2nd, in extra's . . .but? What ya gonna do?
                      Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X