Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, they've done it. Corbin Burnes and Josh Hader combined to notch this year's record-breaking 9th no-hitter (and 8th official). Against the Indians... who are the first team get no-hit three times in one season (ouch), and in their final season under the Indians name.

MLB.com story
    Last edited by pedrosrotatorcuff; 09-11-2021, 06:52 PM.
    They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.

Comment

• Yesterday's 9-11 game was incredible! It was like it was scripted. My game-of-the-year to-date.

Comment

• Max Scherzer joins the 3,000K Club
        NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
        Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
        Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
          Max Scherzer joins the 3,000K Club
          He also joins Sandy Koufax and Chris Sale as the only pitchers to throw an immaculate inning (9 strikes, 3 outs) three times in his career.
          "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
          "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
          "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
          "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

• The Phillies announced they’ve released Vince Velasquez. That was the anticipated outcome once Philadelphia designated him for assignment over the weekend.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...velasquez.html
            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• I think that if the Dodgers finish with the second-best record in baseball yet have to play in the Wild Card Game, MLB will have to reconsider how it seeds the playoff teams for future seasons. This would show that division winners don't always deserve seeding priority. And it prevents the Dodgers and Giants from meeting in the NLCS, instead they would have to meet for the right to advance there.

The NBA has realized the problems with seeding priority for division winners, twice in fact, and currently NBA seeds their playoff teams solely by record. Hopefully the other major sports leagues will fall in line soon.
              The playoffs should expand eventually, but only if MLB itself expands.

See my blog for more info.

Comment

• The Cardinals announced Monday that they’ve designated right-hander Daniel Ponce de Leon for assignment. His spot on the roster will go to lefty Brandon Waddell, who has been recalled from Triple-A Memphis.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ssignment.html

Comment

• Is there anything worse than a “bullpen game?” Seriously the Phillies and Orioles are in a “pitching duel” and no one is having a stand out game because there have already been about 5 pitchers combined and all of them are nameless, faceless, totally forgettable. This is what analytics replaced starting pitchers for. This is a mockery. I mean holy hell if I wasn’t a fan of one of these teams directly who could ever watch this?
                  "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

• The Padres announced they’ve designated Jake Arrieta for assignment. The move clears active and 40-man roster space for reliever Javy Guerra, who has been reinstated from the 60-day injured list.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
                      Is there anything worse than a “bullpen game?” Seriously the Phillies and Orioles are in a “pitching duel” and no one is having a stand out game because there have already been about 5 pitchers combined and all of them are nameless, faceless, totally forgettable. This is what analytics replaced starting pitchers for. This is a mockery. I mean holy hell if I wasn’t a fan of one of these teams directly who could ever watch this?
                      This is not new. On October 2, 1949, the St. Louis Browns used one pitcher per inning.

Chicago White Sox at St. Louis Browns Box Score, October 2, 1949 | Baseball-Reference.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                        The Padres announced they’ve designated Jake Arrieta for assignment. The move clears active and 40-man roster space for reliever Javy Guerra, who has been reinstated from the 60-day injured list.

Arrieta. Talk about rags to riches to rags.
                        Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Arrieta. Talk about rags to riches to rags.
                          He went from the penthouse to the outhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

He went from the penthouse to the outhouse.
                            It'll be no surprise when the Mets pick him up.

Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X