Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason I said "don't get mad" is because of the fact I want the Astros, AKA the Cheaters, to win the ALCS, especially concerning their opponents are the biggest rivals of my Yankees. Honestly, I would have preferred Tampa Bay win the ALCS, but they couldn't win after game one of the ALDS.
    The playoffs should expand eventually, but only if MLB itself expands.

See my blog for more info.

Comment

• Originally posted by redban View Post
      And one day after Tampa Bay continues their champion-less history, Brewers follow them up by doing the same ....
      Is not like the braves have won much, neither the astros. Tampa bay has been on the scene 20 years only.

Comment

• Originally posted by PF#9 View Post
        Don't get mad but I am rooting for an Astros-Braves World Series. We have never had an all-Southern World Series. It would be nice.
        The Dodgers versus the Rays was just last year. In 2017 it was L.A. and Houston. I think Los Angeles is the south. Maybe not Dixie south, but L.A. and San Diego are stones throws from the Mexican border.

I'll agree, tho, that had never happened prior to 2017.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by redban View Post

I don’t want Braves in the World Series for the simple reason that they’re not a excellent team, despite their win over Milwaukee. Braves got in the postseason courtesy of a weak NL East.
          That's the nature of the modern game. I can point to myriad examples of inferior teams going deep into the postseason, even so far as winning it all. Any time I've ever pointed that out the response is almost always some variation of "If you don't like it, play better and beat them' or somesuch, so I'm not going to be lying awake, unable to rest because of the cosmic injustice of it all.

3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post

That's the nature of the modern game. I can point to myriad examples of inferior teams going deep into the postseason, even so far as winning it all. Any time I've ever pointed that out the response is almost always some variation of "If you don't like it, play better and beat them' or somesuch, so I'm not going to be lying awake, unable to rest because of the cosmic injustice of it all.
            Not only that - but people clearly think mistakenly that they can gauge the quality of a team by their record only. A W-L record is only one piece of the puzzle.
            1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
            The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post

Not only that - but people clearly think mistakenly that they can gauge the quality of a team by their record only. A W-L record is only one piece of the puzzle.
              Exactly, means zero. All the talk before the event take place may be used to show a favorite based on W-L and that means zero.
              What ever took place before, toss it out..............back to that old line, the game is never played on paper. Not only for the team with the better W-L but also, who by the stats is the better team.

Comment

• The biggest waste, when will they learn, tired of this way of thinking but it never ends.
                Anyone going by a pitcher's last time out to predict or make a heavy favorite .Or reverse pitcher's bad showing last time out.
                That was yesterday and yesterdays gone.

Comment

• Mike Shildt is out as manager of the St. Louis Cardinals, sources tell ESPN.
                  https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...19429966106628
                  The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Mookie is literally playing this game by himself

Comment

• Dang ... I was pulling for SF, CWS, TB, and MIL .... I'm about to be 0 for 4

Comment

• Its done, dodgers advance

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post

Exactly, means zero. All the talk before the event take place may be used to show a favorite based on W-L and that means zero.
                          What ever took place before, toss it out..............back to that old line, the game is never played on paper. Not only for the team with the better W-L but also, who by the stats is the better team.
                          Well, the randomness involved in a short series is not what I was really talking about.
                          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• I'm reduced to cheering on the Astros, solely for the sake of Dusty Baker.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Holy hell what an awful strike-three call to end the Dodgers-Giants game and series. This should be in extras, Gausman v. Scherzer, right now.
                              They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.

Comment

• At least the game ends on something on the field.... a check swing. That is infinitely better than ending a postseason series on the rule book....an imaginary event which places a baserunner out of the blue on 2nd base.

Check swing Ks are lame ABs, but not as lame as bastardizing the rules to engineer quicker ends to games.
                                Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X