Tigers extend Granderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers extend Granderson

Buster Olney of ESPN reports that the Tigers have agreed to terms with Curtis Granderson on a multi-year contract.

Terms of the deal have not been disclosed yet. Granderson isn't arbitration eligible yet and was under the Tigers' control through 2011 anyway, so the contract would have to cover at least five seasons to buy out any of his free agency.
    Good of them to lock him up. He had a better season than the "faux-NL MVP" from last year, and was barely in the top 10 in the AL MVP voting.
    sigpic

All they have to do now is sign Miguel Cabrera to an extesnion and they will be set.

Comment

Originally posted by slugger33 View Post
      All they have to do now is sign Miguel Cabrera to an extesnion and they will be set.
      Easier said than done, if he gets in shape and learns to play third effectively, he'll demand A-Rodesque money.
      "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
        Easier said than done, if he gets in shape and learns to play third effectively, he'll demand A-Rodesque money.
        Exactly, that is why they need to sign him early.

Comment

Originally posted by slugger33 View Post
          Exactly, that is why they need to sign him early.
          I doubt his agent is dumb enough to let him do that on the cheap, he'll cost 100+ million to extend.
          "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

Comment

Tigers agreed to terms with outfielder Curtis Granderson on a five-year contract with a team option for 2013.

Terms have not been disclosed yet, but ESPN reports that the deal is worth $30.25 million plus the option. Granderson wasn't arbitration eligible yet and was under the Tigers' control through 2011 anyway, so the contract potentially buys out his first two seasons of free agency.
            That's a real good deal.
            sigpic

Comment

No-brainer. Granderson was the reason that they were willing to deal Cam Maybin. Glad for their sake they got it done, and at a decent price considering his production.

Comment

Granderson is already a world class defender in center,he's showing some signs of developing patience, he has above average power...perhaps he will be something special.

Comment

He already is, Chris. Even with all the K's, he's what they had in mind when they coined the term "five tool player."

Comment

When I say "special" I don't mean perennial all-star, I mean a Hall of Famer and perennial MVP candidate.

Comment

If he figures out how to hit lefties, he should be an amazing player. Last year he hit just .160 against lefties, and he still had a .302 BA. Hopefully he can work this out.

Comment

That seems the appropriate price range. Good deal.
                        Religion: Yankeeist

"Hanging out with him sucks because all the women flock to him. Let's see, he's been on the cover of GQ, is rich and famous, hits for average and power and is a helluva nice guy." - Tim Raines on Derek Jeter

Comment

Originally posted by OleMissCub View Post
                          Good of them to lock him up. He had a better season than the "faux-NL MVP" from last year, and was barely in the top 10 in the AL MVP voting.
                          This has to be great news for all you Tigers fans. This kid can really play some ball.

As far as the MVP voting went, Granderson just keep his mouth shut and played ball like Holliday, while Rollins opened his and talked trash with a bold prediction that the Phillies would win the NL East and he would win the MVP. I guess the trash talk impresses the writers more now days then what you do on the field or with the bat.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X