Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Heh heh heh heh.
    Come on now, you're better than that, I know you are.

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
      Perhaps it isthat simple. Do you really think they didn't know?
      No, but your conclusion is far-reaching here. If you're saying that the whole institution of baseball is to blame for the past two decades, then what is supposed to be done about that? Do we need to punish clean players because they didn't help clean up the sport?
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Come on now, you're better than that, I know you are.
        Well, excuse me for thinking it was funny. I happen to wonder about the amazing tendency of people misspelling McGwire's name with a u. It's uncanny.

Comment

If by punish, you mean remove records ? Because I don't know what else you might have in mind. NO- Thats silly, as I'm sure you know. As for those who did not speak up - well we all have to answer for our decisions. They made theirs - silence and protection of imoral unethical comrades. So now they have to pay the price. Thats how life works.

It is time for all the leaders in baseball, administration, union, management & players to admit this era is tainted. We have to move on. Pretending that only those named in the mitchell report are the only guilty ones and at that, only some of their records are inflated, is living in denial ( back where I started !).

Comment

Well, excuse me for thinking it was funny. I happen to wonder about the amazing tendency of people misspelling McGwire's name with a u. It's uncanny.
            It's a mental block.

Comment

I will just note that "missremember" is a perfectly cromulent word. . . .

--J.D.

Comment

You're bringing up grammer and spelling because you disagree with what I'm saying ? Wow, this is another low point in your posts.

This is the second time in as many days you leave me unimpressed with your leval of maturity. Well, at least this time you're not calling me names !

Who tells you when it's time for lights out, your mom or a warden ?
                Well, both kinda, we like to role play.

I'm not attacking your posts based on grammar. I'm attacking them based on the substance.

Here's a recap of what happened:

- You mentioned that all the records were tarnished by PEDs/PED users, specifically making mention of the consecutive games record. Implicitly, you accused Ripken of using PEDs.

- I claimed that making specific mention of Ripken's streak sensationalized your opinion (an opinion which is otherwise common, and rather legitimate).

- Sam said you were being cynical

- You said you were not, and that others (Sam, I, etc.) were in denial of facts.

- I asked when it was established as a fact that Ripken took PEDs, and remarked about specifically telling instances of your grammatical mistakes.

- You claimed I attacked your posts on the basis of grammar and made some crack about my maturity, when it is apparent to all third parties that you are the one exposing yourself as incapable of having a substantive discussion with intelligent adults.

If you are disappointed at my level of maturity, how am I to react to the level discourse running afoul at the premier baseball forum in the (cyber)land? I'm going with, aghast.

In the future, feel free to use the ignore function. For now, I won't respond to you any further.

Really, I'm not going to respond to him/her further. No need to intervene, mods.
                Last edited by digglahhh; 02-14-2008, 02:59 PM.
                THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

Mets and Braves fans gotta bond somehow...
                  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

If by punish, you mean remove records ? Because I don't know what else you might have in mind. NO- Thats silly, as I'm sure you know. As for those who did not speak up - well we all have to answer for our decisions. They made theirs - silence and protection of imoral unethical comrades. So now they have to pay the price. Thats how life works.

It is time for all the leaders in baseball, administration, union, management & players to admit this era is tainted. We have to move on. Pretending that only those named in the mitchell report are the only guilty ones and at that, only some of their records are inflated, is living in denial ( back where I started !).
                    Look, I agree with we have to move on too. Most of us don't pretend that the Mitchell Report named all the PED users. But what is the price that the clean players pay? That their accomplishments are tainted in the eyes of people like us because they aren't forthcoming about their actions or those of others?

Comment

Well I'm glad he did what he did. He's the biggest reason why it's now hard to find any fools who believe Clemens.

Comment

Look, I agree with we have to move on too. Most of us don't pretend that the Mitchell Report named all the PED users. But what is the price that the clean players pay? That their accomplishments are tainted in the eyes of people like us because they aren't forthcoming about their actions or those of others?
                        I guess to keep it simple, I'll give you the short answer; yes. Why is that wrong ?

Comment

I guess to keep it simple, I'll give you the short answer; yes. Why is that wrong ?
                          Well, I don't believe that it's any of our business to know what players do or don't do. Why are we entitled to know?

Comment

Well, I don't believe that it's any of our business to know what players do or don't do. Why are we entitled to know?
                            Umm, because we're the fans ? We buy the tickets ? We're the only reason the game exists as a business ? We have a right to demand the business we spend our money at be honest ?

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
                              This is what many are missing. His friends and everyone near him knew this. Roger Clemens is the illegitimate son of Pete Rose.
                              Ironically I know this to be true from someone that knew Roger Clemens personally. My mentor went to Spring Woods with Clemens in HS, graduated in 1980, and was very close with Debbie. They're still close. She said Clemens has remained true to his colors; he was mendacious and egomaniacal then, and clearly, nothing has changed.

McNamee is a scumbag, Clemens is equivalent but he's always been given the silver spoon and the free pass.

Like Bonds, Clemens' reputation is now shot and he'll get what he deserves in the end.

Comment

Umm, because we're the fans ? We buy the tickets ? We're the only reason the game exists as a business ? We have a right to demand the business we spend our money at be honest ?
                                So that means there has to be a gaurantee that clean numbers are being generated.

When a fan goes to see a game, I doubt that even 1% of the people going there get philosophical and want to see the spirit of competition. They want to see the team they're rooting for win. Of course, that means that runs need to be generated. Along the way, stats are added by everyone. That is what people ultimately care about.

Along that line, this means that PEDs are just a condition of this time because clean players did not defend the sanctity of clean numbers. Like amphetimines were a condition in the 1950s and 1960s and illegal drugs were a condition of the 1970s and 1980s, PEDs are a condition of the 1990s and 2000s. PEDs DO need to be gotten rid of. However, that doesn't mean that these numbers generated are of any less purity than other eras.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X