Why is Pettitte getting a pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
    No we don't. That is my point shoeless. How can we know ?
    Did I misread your words, misunderstand the meaning. I thought when you said ........the scarlet letter is on every player that means they are all users or that is what we believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
      Did I misread your words, misunderstand the meaning. I thought when you said ........the scarlet letter is on every player that means they are all users or that is what we believe.
      No - what I mean is we have no way of knowing who was clean and who wasn't. What we do know is they all maintained a wall of silence. To say the member's of this small. insular society, (MLB players), didn't know PED's were rampant simply doesn't pass the plausibility test. Their decision to do nothing, to remain silent as the sport was degraded, stains them all. It was this wall of secrecy that helped create the overwellming scandal we now have. Therefore, users and enablers alike have earned the 'scarlet letter'. (managers, coaches, team management, the union, MLB administration and no doubt some media jock sniffers earned it as well - but I was just talking about players).

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
        No - what I mean is we have no way of knowing who was clean and who wasn't. What we do know is they all maintained a wall of silence. To say the member's of this small. insular society, (MLB players), didn't know PED's were rampant simply doesn't pass the plausibility test. Their decision to do nothing, to remain silent as the sport was degraded, stains them all. It was this wall of secrecy that helped create the overwellming scandal we now have. Therefore, users and enablers alike have earned the 'scarlet letter'. (managers, coaches, team management, the union, MLB administration and no doubt some media jock sniffers earned it as well - but I was just talking about players).
        OK I got it now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X