stick a fork in bonds, he's done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wcoab:

What kind of tests did Quest Labs perform on Bonds (blood, urine, etc), and when were these done?

You'd mentioned it being likely that BALCO wanted to insure that Bonds wouldn't have a "positive" test if Quest Labs tested him. Is it possible that BALCO had him test several times, to insure that something they'd given him would not come back as "positive", but would instead fly "under the radar" (meaning "undetectable")?

So you're saying that since Bonds may not have known that BALCO outsourced their testing (perhaps to get a "second opinion", as you'd stated), then BALCO would likely have sent the 2nd urine and/or blood samples to Quest Labs to confirm their results w/o Bonds' knowledge of this?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

West Coast Orange and Black:

Methinks you need a better source than your Eight-Ball and your assumption Bonds did not learn the results of a test.

--J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor X View Post
        West Coast Orange and Black:

Methinks you need a better source than your Eight-Ball and your assumption Bonds did not learn the results of a test.

--J.D.
        Why do you feel that better sources are required?

I may seem naive, but what exactly is "Eight-Ball"?
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          Why do you feel that better sources are required?

See his quote above.

--J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post

I think he means 'magic eight ball'. A crapy kids toy that is fun for about 3 minutes and has been around forever. Then again, eight-ball is also a term for a measure of crack cocaine.

So he's either saying your source is the always dependably non-commital magic eight ball, or you're smokimg crack.

eightball.jpg

or

eight ball.jpg

Comment

Mattingly: What kind of tests did Quest Labs perform on Bonds (blood, urine, etc), and when were these done?it is alleged that balco sent blood samples to quest. that seems to be correct.

You'd mentioned it being likely that BALCO wanted to insure that Bonds wouldn't have a "positive" test if Quest Labs tested him. Is it possible that BALCO had him test several times, to insure that something they'd given him would not come back as "positive", but would instead fly "under the radar" (meaning "undetectable")?
              i have not ever stated that balco sent samples to quest "to insure that bonds wouldn't have a "positive" test." i said that it is likely that balco had already tested bonds and wanted a second/more reliable (?) determination +/or sought to discover results from testing of bonds.
              balco absolutely had bonds tested by quest numerous times. for what reason, exactly, uh, i dunno.

So you're saying that since Bonds may not have known that BALCO outsourced their testing (perhaps to get a "second opinion", as you'd stated), then BALCO would likely have sent the 2nd urine and/or blood samples to Quest Labs to confirm their results w/o Bonds' knowledge of this?
              it is possible that balco did not test bonds themselves. so balco might not have known bonds' status 'til they received quest's results.
              conte was probably very concerned about his star client and wanted current detection status, hence the multiple tests by quest.
              in all of the mountain of evidence confiscated by the feds, they have exactly one test result with a positive outcome. because bonds was tested numerous times, it is possible that if in fact he did use, he did so for only a short period of time / not many times.
              Last edited by west coast orange and black; 02-18-2008, 05:49 PM.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

doctor x: WCOAB:

dude.
                "magic 8 ball" appeared as *magic 8 ball*... please read between the lines.
                also, because you might be new to this party, please know that i have no assumptions regarding the bonds case.
                none.
                "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

whoisonit: he's either saying your source is the always dependably non-commital magic eight ball, or you're smokimg crack.

just how did "he" (me, wcoab) become "you" (Mattingly)?

the magic 8 ball toy has 20 answers... on which none of them i rely.
                  Last edited by west coast orange and black; 02-18-2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Actually, I assumed when West Coast Orange and Black referenced his Eight-Ball, he referred to his not-so-loyal henchman:

--J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                      please read between the lines.
                      Appears I have successfully.

also, because you might be new to this party, please know that i have no assumptions regarding the bonds case.
                      I can only judge what you write.

--J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                        So there is a baseball God.

With any luck, Bonds and Clemens will be sharing a cell.
                        Clemens wont go to jail. He is friends with the Bush's and half of Congress. The whole thing is a flim flam farce

Comment

Insert your political conspiracy theory here: ____________________

--J.D.

Comment

wcoab: please read between the lines.

doctor x: Appears I have successfully.

uh, no. not even close.

.. .. .. .. ..

wcoab: because you might be new to this party, please know that i have no assumptions regarding the bonds case.
                            none

doctor x: I can only judge what you write.

"judge". that speaks volumes.

Comment

this is not an answer of a magic 8 ball.

*concentrate and ask again*
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                                uh, no. not even close.
                                Ipse dixit but incorrect, and the error remains yours.

"judge". that speaks volumes.
                                This is a written medium.

If you are disappointed with the reception of your correspondence, you would do well to exercise greater care with its creation. Towards that end you may consider researching the utility of the "shift" key. Capitalization assists in clarity. The pretentiously excretal "e. e. cummings" proved inaccurate claiming he "wrote like the Greek did," since they utilized ALL CAPITALS, OR "MAJUSCULES, THOUGHTHEYACTUALLYCOMPOSEDINSCRIPTUACONTINUAWITHOUTPUNCTUATIONWHCHSNMPRVMNTVRTHRFRMSTHTLCKVWLS

--J.D.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X