Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you forgive Clemens and Bonds if they Apologized??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you forgive Clemens and Bonds if they Apologized??

Would you forgive Clemens and Bonds if they pulled an Andy Pettite and apologized and told Kids roids is Stupid and beg for mercy on the court?

I personally am a Yankee Hater, but I can admire and respect Pettite for what he did, He is OK in my book. He is so the Anti Bonds and Anti Clemens

While I hate Bonds and Clemens, Depending on how they ask for forgiveness, its possible I could forgive them

For what must they be forgiven?
    Baseball articles you might not like but should read.

Comment

Meh, my forgiveness doesn't really matter, and they don't need it from me, anyway.

I'm not particularly happy with them if my suspicions are true, but they haven't been proven true yet. And if they are, I don't blame them. It's the player's job to help his team win, and taking steroids makes that goal easier. If not for the illegallity (and maybe even then) I'd probably juice, too, if it meant I could play baseball.

It's baseball's job to police this crap. Not that player's are off scott free, and I do lose a lot of respect for them, but they don't have anythign to appologize for, either.
      Hey, this is my public apology for suddenly disappearing and missing out on any projects I may have neglected.

Comment

You mean we agree?
        Baseball articles you might not like but should read.

Comment

From Bonds, I'd have to hear what kind of PEDs he'd used, what he was aware of using at the time it was given to him, and I'd have to hear from Greg Anderson if he'd told Bonds what he was taking.

Then I'd have to listen to see if the "apology" wasn't just another tightly-worded spin thing designed to avoid some kind of prosecution.

From Clemens, I'd have to hear what kind of PEDs he'd used, what he was aware of when Brian McNamee gave him this, and what he has to say about Pettitte's various statements.

Same with the apology.

Since I don't expect either to apologize, as they both seem too interested in maintaining their HoF likelihood, I don't know what else to say.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

I certainly would hold more respect for them.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that both were heavily involved in steroid use. I'm actually a little insulted that they would keep telling me otherwise. Everyone would have gotten over Rose a lot faster if he wasn't such a complete ass. This is the same path Clemens and Bonds are taking. It's their reputations that are suffering.

The thing here is that this will tear away at them personally and professionally. Pettitie is smart enough to realize that life continues and that we need to sleep at night and live with as little stress as possible. Hiding and lying are not condusive to this as we all know.

However, Pettite is no saint in all this despite the move to deify him. Brian Roberts is no saint.

Steroids has tainted the game but we'll all get over it. What people don't get over is the attitude and disrespect paid to the fans by star athletes. Remember, that Pete Rose was a hugely respected and admired athlete. Today, his name invokes more scorn than nostalgia with the public at large.

To me, we need to know the facts so we can better understand and examine the era. There will be many that escaped without recognition for their use but we need to get all the info we can.

Comment

Originally posted by LouGehrig View Post
              You mean we agree?
              I like yanking your chain, but I'm sure intelligent minds find a way to agree sometimes.
              Hey, this is my public apology for suddenly disappearing and missing out on any projects I may have neglected.

Comment

That's great question because I think they're both guilty of knowingly using PEDs. Is it solid enough to prove in a court of law that they're both lying? No. At this point I don't think anyone has proof that would hold up in court to say that they're not innocent. But that doesn't mean they're NOT guilty (OJ Simpson taught me that). It just means there's not enough evidence. Since this entire process started I've tried to follow it pretty closely. I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means but I feel that in my heart that I've seen, read and heard enough to say that both Clemens & Bonds are guilty and the opinion of the courts or anyone else no longer matters to me. They could get off scott-free by the courts and it still wouldn't matter to me. Life isn't fair or always just, but, life does go on. So be it.

You'all can say "shame on me because" in America, we're all "innocent" until PROVEN guilty but I would venture a guess that more people get away with their crimes than get caught because of lack of evidence or plea bargains. That's a fact of life. Clemens and Bonds will probably be people who get off. So I'm not expecting an apology.

Now if they suddenly decided to offer an apology that would be interesting. I'm a sucker for forgiveness because I've had to ask for more than my fair share in life. Because they've so vehemetly denied things a lot would depend on what they said and how they said it. If they offer an apology like Lo Duca, forget it. At this point they would need to be sincere and apologize not only for using PEDs but lying to me and trying to deceive me. Another thing that would matter would be the time that has passed between the offense and the apology. Pete Rose taught me that it's possible to wait too long. Like I said, life goes on and it they wait too long, I would accept their apology but it wouldn't mean as much and I would much more concerned with current things going on in life.
                Last edited by MyDogSparty; 02-19-2008, 10:18 AM.
                ?

Comment

Originally posted by LouGehrig View Post
                  For what must they be forgiven?
                  For lying?

Comment

Depends. If it's anything like La Duca and Gagne's "apologies" then no. Not to mention they would have to have a pretty good explanation on why they lied for so long. But as people have said before, why does what one fan thinks matter and It would be more a respect thing then a forgiveness thing.

Comment

It would be more like, I wouldn't lose any more respect than I already have.

Comment

if they admitted to the full extent of their use and apologize to the fans and players, then probably yes.

Comment

I've already lost all my respect for both guys. Personally I could care less if I see either on a diamond ever again.
                          WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

If they took the Pettite route and admitted the truth off the bat, then yes. At this point, I find it kind of hard to.
                            Religion: Yankeeist

"Hanging out with him sucks because all the women flock to him. Let's see, he's been on the cover of GQ, is rich and famous, hits for average and power and is a helluva nice guy." - Tim Raines on Derek Jeter

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
                              I certainly would hold more respect for them.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that both were heavily involved in steroid use. I'm actually a little insulted that they would keep telling me otherwise. Everyone would have gotten over Rose a lot faster if he wasn't such a complete ass. This is the same path Clemens and Bonds are taking. It's their reputations that are suffering.
                              And it's that same attitude that very well may keep both put of the HoF.
                              The thing here is that this will tear away at them personally and professionally. Pettitie is smart enough to realize that life continues and that we need to sleep at night and live with as little stress as possible. Hiding and lying are not condusive to this as we all know.
                              I think Pettite thought that it was better to admit it now, take the heat, and move on.

However, Pettite is no saint in all this despite the move to deify him. Brian Roberts is no saint.
                              They are the same as Bonds/Clemens but they are not getting any of the vile hatred that Bonds/Clemens are now receiving.

Steroids has tainted the game but we'll all get over it.
                              Yes, most baseball fans will move on and in time we can put some historical perspective on the Steroid Era.

What people don't get over is the attitude and disrespect paid to the fans by star athletes. Remember, that Pete Rose was a hugely respected and admired athlete. Today, his name invokes more scorn than nostalgia with the public at large.
                              This is what really tweaks fans. We can put up with the huge salaries and the ego many ballplayers have but show us fans a little respect.

To me, we need to know the facts so we can better understand and examine the era. There will be many that escaped without recognition for their use but we need to get all the info we can.
                              Hopefully, in time more and more information will become public to give a better idea as to how many ballplayers used PEDs.
                              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X