Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you forgive Clemens and Bonds if they Apologized??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by zahavasdad View Post
    Would you forgive Clemens and Bonds if they pulled an Andy Pettite and apologized and told Kids roids is Stupid and beg for mercy on the court?
    Nope:disbelief:

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by RubeBaker View Post
      If they took the Pettite route and admitted the truth off the bat, then yes. At this point, I find it kind of hard to.
      Except that Pettitte originally lied about his own HGH use twice. When the Grimsley Affidavit first came out, Pettitte denied using PED'S. Then over a year later, when he's named on the Mitchell report, he admits to using it in 2002, but never mentions any other use. Then we later learn he used HGH in 2004, supplied by his father. I mean, what else is next?

      The man has flat out lied before, and technically never admitted the truth off the bat.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
        I've already lost all my respect for both guys. Personally I could care less if I see either on a diamond ever again.
        FYI-I couldn't care less is the proper phrase. That you had respect to lose is a feat in it's own self.

        Comment


        • #19
          I don't need a apology.

          The one's I have heard so far haven't sounded that sincere.


          Of course I don't believe all of what I hear. People are always lying about how they really feel on something.

          Comment


          • #20
            Apology or not. They are cheaters.

            Pettitte took HGH too, but he did it to recover from an injury. I can turn a blind eye on that one.

            But Clemens and Bonds? No I will not forgive them. But do they care? Don't think so. I still say that when a player is in the fall of his career, he knows that his performance will not be what it used to be. It is something that comes with getting older. It is something you have to accept. You can not expect that you will stay on the same level for ever. Look at Nolan Ryan for example. His body was aching for days after an outing.

            They just have to face it.

            Just my :twocents:

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
              Apology or not. They are cheaters.

              Pettitte took HGH too, but he did it to recover from an injury. I can turn a blind eye on that one.



              Just my :twocents:

              Not that I mind how you feel about it, but what is the difference of taking HGH for recovery from a injury as Pettitte did, compared to Clemens taking it for recovery between starts? That is if he did take HGH?

              Clemens never did have trouble with his velocity for the assumed 1 to 3mph for a fastball. Tom House said he gained 30 lbs and his recovery improved but it didn't help his velocity at all.

              I think way to much is made about pitchers who use PED's for the assumed 1-3mph it can add to his velocity with no documented proof of any kind. The general public thinks if a pitcher is using PED's he could actually throw a baseball through a brick wall, which is far from true. A pitching arm is 97% what you are born with and how you decide to increase the other 3% is up to the pitcher. Training and technique or try PED's which cause more harm if you take the PED's for the assumed velocity gain. Those PED's just wind up tearing up your tendons and ligaments in a very short time.

              Comment


              • #22
                No i wouldn't forgive them for cheating. Do you believe anything either of them say anyway? It would just be a PR stunt in an effort to improve their reputation. The only thing they would be sorry for is getting caught.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by fartingbob View Post
                  No i wouldn't forgive them for cheating. Do you believe anything either of them say anyway? It would just be a PR stunt in an effort to improve their reputation. The only thing they would be sorry for is getting caught.

                  What about the other 100 or so that is on some kind of banned substance list?


                  Any fan that suspects any player of PED use is still showing their support of them each time they pay money in any way to watch a game that player is in.


                  If any fan believes what Caminiti or Canseco said about 40-60% of players using, is still showing support to these players each time they pay in any way for a game.


                  MLB would rather have $upport then forgiveness as far as PED's go.


                  I don't hold no high moral standards towards the players, after MLB and the owners condoned the use of PED's for 40 years, so I don't feel like I'm getting pawned or supporting baseball in any way, that I feel is wrong to avoid feeling like a hypocrite, if I support baseball after knowing of their use of PED's.
                  Last edited by Old Sweater; 02-20-2008, 05:01 AM. Reason: typo

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
                    Not that I mind how you feel about it, but what is the difference of taking HGH for recovery from a injury as Pettitte did, compared to Clemens taking it for recovery between starts? That is if he did take HGH?

                    Clemens never did have trouble with his velocity for the assumed 1 to 3mph for a fastball. Tom House said he gained 30 lbs and his recovery improved but it didn't help his velocity at all.

                    I think way to much is made about pitchers who use PED's for the assumed 1-3mph it can add to his velocity with no documented proof of any kind. The general public thinks if a pitcher is using PED's he could actually throw a baseball through a brick wall, which is far from true. A pitching arm is 97% what you are born with and how you decide to increase the other 3% is up to the pitcher. Training and technique or try PED's which cause more harm if you take the PED's for the assumed velocity gain. Those PED's just wind up tearing up your tendons and ligaments in a very short time.
                    Pettitte only took it twice to recover from an injury. Clemens took it after every game he pitched. Quite a difference.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                      Pettitte only took it twice to recover from an injury. Clemens took it after every game he pitched. Quite a difference.
                      That is 4 times(assumed) for Pettitte and self assumption at this point in time for Clemens. If Clemens used, it was also to recover, he had the arm.


                      Also Pettitte was lying about the short time use in 2002 or 2004 since he said he didn't know short term use wouldn't help you. Pettitte had to have known about short term use one year or the other. Plus the trainer he sold out Clemens for, should have been able to tell him all about HGH. There, a little self assumption for Pettitte also.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        It took guts on Pettites part to go to a Newsconference and TAKE OPEN QUESTIONS (No Softballs) and admit he was wrong

                        Whatever his motivation was and maybe he hid it before, But the first step on the road to forgiveness is admit you made an error.

                        BTW I HATE the Yankees so I am not saying I respect Pettite because he is a Yankee, I repsect him for doing whats right.

                        No other player has come out and said what they did was wrong

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          If what Canseco and Caminiti said is true about the 40-60% using, at 40% there should be around 300 more apologies coming if the players are truthful and come forward about the matter.

                          Throw in the use of amphetamines and you can add another 200 where the 2008 season would be starting in July.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
                            That is 4 times(assumed) for Pettitte and self assumption at this point in time for Clemens. If Clemens used, it was also to recover, he had the arm.


                            Also Pettitte was lying about the short time use in 2002 or 2004 since he said he didn't know short term use wouldn't help you. Pettitte had to have known about short term use one year or the other. Plus the trainer he sold out Clemens for, should have been able to tell him all about HGH. There, a little self assumption for Pettitte also.
                            big diff between pettitte and roger. clemens took them for years in much larger amounts to alter his career path. pettitte took them a couple of times to recover from injuries. pettitte is a cheat, clemens is a much more flagrant cheat.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by fenrir View Post
                              big diff between pettitte and roger. clemens took them for years in much larger amounts to alter his career path. pettitte took them a couple of times to recover from injuries. pettitte is a cheat, clemens is a much more flagrant cheat.
                              At this point in time that is self assumption again. Just go's to show you the hate and prejudice against Clemens.

                              Any cheat using PED's is a flagrant cheat according to the MLB rules.

                              You still buying that story of short term use by Pettitte? He was either lying about short term in 2002 or 2004 with his statement of not knowing short term use didn't do you no good. That means Pettitte used it long term in 2002 or 2004.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                maybe pettitte did use longer. not too sure. he still could be using, mlb doesnt test for hgh.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X