Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you forgive Clemens and Bonds if they Apologized??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    They are the same as Bonds/Clemens but they are not getting any of the vile hatred that Bonds/Clemens are now receiving.
    I agreed with a lot of what you said, but this is something that I just cannot understand. What sacred records did they break? How did their performances completely blow up as a use of these things?

Those right there are just little things. The thing that gets me more is the constant lies that spewed from the mouths of both Bonds and Clemens. They simply lied and tried to throw other people under the bus while doing it. Clemens tried to ruin the life of McNamee, and Bonds allowed his friend to serve one entire jail sentence and most of another. What these guys did was much worse than anyone else. Not just because of how it helped their performances, but because of who they hurt and the lies they told in the process. I cannot in any way condone that sort of behavior.

The guys who took them once or twice or whatever and admitted it when they got caught are obviously no saints, what they did was very bad and I hate the fact that they did the juice, but you simply cannot within all rational reason compare them to what Bonds and Clemens have done.

As for the question posed by the topic, I'll forgive, as I always will, but I will never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Mild Sauce View Post
      The thing that gets me more is the constant lies that spewed from the mouths of both Bonds and Clemens. They simply lied and tried to throw other people under the bus while doing it. Clemens tried to ruin the life of McNamee, and Bonds allowed his friend to serve one entire jail sentence and most of another. What these guys did was much worse than anyone else. Not just because of how it helped their performances, but because of who they hurt and the lies they told in the process.
      Nice post! The egos those two must have (plus Clemens' wife) to throw others under the bus for their own actions. Kind of disgusting if you think about it. Not anyone I would want surrounding me.

Bonds just sat there probably feast at the finest restaurants and living his charmed life while Anderson was incarcerated. Great guy!

Likewise with Clemens and his wife - calling news conferences, taping conversation, going all the way to Congress and calling McNamee the liar when it was them putting on the act. Doesn't get much dirtier. Old story I guess about the rich stepping on whomever they please and believing the rules pertain to all but them.

The further it goes into this mess, the more I hope people don't stand up and treat them like heros again - on the street or in Cooperstown.
      Last edited by Brian McKenna; 03-01-2008, 01:49 PM.

Comment

What are the qualifications for an athlete to make the Hall of Shame? There are quite a few modern era jerks in several sports who must be very close to making it.
        "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
        "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

^^
          is andy pettite on your short list?
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

I'd have nothing to forgive them for because they haven't anything to me personally. It's their bodies and if they choose to put drugs in their bodies that is their choice not nobody else's choice.
            http://nyposts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
              Nice post! The egos those two must have (plus Clemens' wife) to throw others under the bus for their own actions. Kind of disgusting if you think about it. Not anyone I would want surrounding me.

Bonds just sat there probably feast at the finest restaurants and living his charmed life while Anderson was incarcerated. Great guy!

Likewise with Clemens and his wife - calling news conferences, taping conversation, going all the way to Congress and calling McNamee the liar when it was them putting on the act. Doesn't get much dirtier. Old story I guess about the rich stepping on whomever they please and believing the rules pertain to all but them.

The further it goes into this mess, the more I hope people don't stand up and treat them like heros again - on the street or in Cooperstown.
              Mild Sauce and BK, two right on guys who clearly understand why this matter is important and why "the steroid era" is probably the darkest and most corrupt era in the history of the game. I guess myself, and the two guys mentioned above, are what some people here might call "high moral fans". I'm proud to be called that and in such company of people who clearly "get it" to use an expression.

Bonds and Clemens, such "heroes" they deserve our unquestioning and blind support. When my kids grow up, I want them to be just like those two. After all those is no higher calling then to go to jail for your friends, even when they may be guilty of illegal activity..right?

Comment

"High moral" fans of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your fan privledges. (i.e. your right to hate steroids in the game, question records, and continue to support the game you have loved and supported for years unless you just accept steroid use as no big deal)

My apologies for paraphrasing John Sayles in "Eight Men Out" here. I guess that makes me a bigger sleaze then those who used illegal drugs in MLB to prolong careers and make a mockery of records.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X