X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouGehrig
    • Jan 2000

The Mets Could Lose

The Mets' outfield may present problems and their bullpen may not be as strong as they would like.

Baseball articles you might not like but should read.
  • fenrir
    • May 2007

do you write those articles?

Comment

• holyroman
      designated shipper
      • May 2004

mod's

Why is this and the other Met-centric posts showing up in the current events forum?

I am tired of seeing them.

Why don't you post them in the Mets own thread?

Comment

• whoisonit
        yhc
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by holyroman View Post

We don't want them either.

Comment

• fenrir
          • May 2007

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
          lmao

Comment

• Dalkowski110
            White Lightning!
            • Sep 2006

Is this whole weird obsession with the Mets vs. the Dodgers simply because Torre manages the Dodgers? Seriously, when have the Mets and Dodgers been rivals for more than two years in a row (1988-1989)? This isn't Mets-centric, it's Mets/Dodgers-centric, extremely obtuse, and downright bizarre. And if you think Torre managing them makes the Dodgers the Mets rivals, you're out of your mind. A manager does not a rivalry make. If it did, then wouldn't Yankee fans be natural rivals with the Texas Rangers for a few years because they had Buck Showalter at the helm?

"We don't want them either."

Seconded! Strongly!
            "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
            -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• Mattingly
              Yankee fan & proud of it!
              • Feb 2003

LouGehrig, you've been a fine forumer, but I agree with others here. I don't understand the obsession with the comparisons between the Mets and LAD. The Mets and each of the other 29 teams stand a chance to lose, since the future isn't something we can predict.

Are there any other topics you could bring to the forum, such as comparisons between the infields or outfields of the various teams? I think that given this wasn't centered on two specific teams, then that may be of greater interest.

I also wouldn't move this to the Mets forum, since saying that a team could lose isn't exactly something that I'd expect fans of that team to enjoy.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Mattingly
                Yankee fan & proud of it!
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
                Is this whole weird obsession with the Mets vs. the Dodgers simply because Torre manages the Dodgers? Seriously, when have the Mets and Dodgers been rivals for more than two years in a row (1988-1989)? This isn't Mets-centric, it's Mets/Dodgers-centric, extremely obtuse, and downright bizarre. And if you think Torre managing them makes the Dodgers the Mets rivals, you're out of your mind. A manager does not a rivalry make. If it did, then wouldn't Yankee fans be natural rivals with the Texas Rangers for a few years because they had Buck Showalter at the helm?

"We don't want them either."

Seconded! Strongly!
                I don't see how Torre's managing the LA Dodgers would make them any kind of rival with the Mets. Torre's Yankees were only rivals with the Mets because that's been historical since the Mets arrived in 1962. If there's a rivalry, I haven't noticed it, since Torre and Randolph have certainly been most cordial to one another, and Torre has long hoped for Randolph to get his chance at managing, which only came when the Mets had an opening.

I can see someone construing a rivalry between Torre's LA Dodgers and Girardi's NY Yankees, but the Mets-LAD rivalry seems like a stretch to me.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Dalkowski110
                  White Lightning!
                  • Sep 2006

With Atlanta posing a legit threat in the NL East and the Phillies players now literally threatening a brawl against the Mets (according to Jayson Stark), do we even have time to have the Dodgers as our rivals?
                  "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                  -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• NYMets523
                    Retired User
                    • Oct 2006

Tomorrow's article: Mets and Dodgers could tie

^What he said.
                    Last edited by NYMets523; 02-20-2008, 07:05 PM.
                    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

• LouGehrig
                      • Jan 2000

Originally posted by holyroman View Post
                      Why is this and the other Met-centric posts showing up in the current events forum?

Because they deal with the NL pennant race. See Arizona today.

Comment

• LouGehrig
                        • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                        LouGehrig, you've been a fine forumer, but I agree with others here. I don't understand the obsession with the comparisons between the Mets and LAD. The Mets and each of the other 29 teams stand a chance to lose, since the future isn't something we can predict.

Are there any other topics you could bring to the forum, such as comparisons between the infields or outfields of the various teams? I think that given this wasn't centered on two specific teams, then that may be of greater interest.

I also wouldn't move this to the Mets forum, since saying that a team could lose isn't exactly something that I'd expect fans of that team to enjoy.
                        I am taking your advice, although I was in the process of comparing the Mets to the other pretenders all along. I only write one article a day.

See Arizona's pitching today, and its infield tomorrow, etc.

Comment

• LouGehrig
                          • Jan 2000

Originally posted by fenrir View Post
                          do you write those articles?
                          I write them with the help of my advisor.

Comment

• LouGehrig
                            • Jan 2000

So don't read them.

Comment

• LouGehrig
                              • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
                              With Atlanta posing a legit threat in the NL East and the Phillies players now literally threatening a brawl against the Mets (according to Jayson Stark), do we even have time to have the Dodgers as our rivals?
                              You should know that any team in either league can be your team's downfall. LA has an outside chance to win the pennant. They probably won't, but they are a decent pretender.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X