Photo Evidence might exist that Clemens was at the Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Evidence might exist that Clemens was at the Party

The New York Daily News report that a photo from the party that Clemens denied attending (The Steroids one) exisits and from a reliable source

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba..._prove_da.html

If true, not good for Clemens especially since he told congress he wasnt there

Altogether now...

*yawwwwwwwwwn!!!!!*

It's gotta be a matter of substance before it's perjury. I have my doubts that this qualifies.

Comment

Here's the photo. Looks like they decided to put on their uniforms and mess around in Canseco's backyard. Apparently they couldn't find a bat. :cap:
      Attached Files

Comment

Just one more piece affirming McNamee.

Comment

Claiming to have a photograph that can verify something (at least as far as time and date goes) and producing one can be two different matters. After all this The Daily News.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

How exactly does a photo prove that Clemens was at a specific party on a specific date? I think I'll likely hear the word "Photoshop" mentioned sometime soon.

I'm missing something. Clemens said he'd never attended the party, which Canseco's affidavit supports. However, McNamee said that Clemens was there. What supposedly happened at that party which is so significant? Did Clemens allegedly make a comment regarding PED usage while at the party?
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
              Just one more piece affirming McNamee.
              how so? theres a difference between saying you have one and actually proving you have one. and is it really a photo or is it a digital picture and photoshopped?

if its a verifiable picture, then yes it helps corroborate what mcnamee said, but until then, it doesnt corroborate anything.

Comment

Speaking of photoshop, is it just me or do the shadows not quite work?

Comment

Is there any proof that he was at that specific party and was doing something wrong? If not then its not really useful either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                    How exactly does a photo prove that Clemens was at a specific party on a specific date? I think I'll likely hear the word "Photoshop" mentioned sometime soon.

I'm missing something. Clemens said he'd never attended the party, which Canseco's affidavit supports. However, McNamee said that Clemens was there. What supposedly happened at that party which is so significant? Did Clemens allegedly make a comment regarding PED usage while at the party?
                    What an odd looking photo... Did you see the size of Jose's arms?

The reason why this is such is a big deal is because it's a credibility issue- plain & simple. Rocket's lawyers are looking to catch McNamee in any lie possible, that way they can question his character and make him look like he's lied all along. Typical smear tactic, and it just might work since there are a million events that have happened along way that must either be proven or defended on circumstantial evidence.
                    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
                      What an odd looking photo... Did you see the size of Jose's arms?

The reason why this is such is a big deal is because it's a credibility issue- plain & simple. Rocket's lawyers are looking to catch McNamee in any lie possible, that way they can question his character and make him look like he's lied all along. Typical smear tactic, and it just might work since there are a million events that have happened along way that must either be proven or defended on circumstantial evidence.
                      I've seen bodybuilders that had arms like Canseco's. Not top-tier like Mr Olympia, but he's got bigger arms that are more well-defined than quite a few serious weightlifters I've seen. Why in the world is hit "batting" without a bat?

Anyway, I thought we'd see a pic of Roger Clemens at the party. I guess we're waiting for McNamee's lawyers to show this, right?

Yes, I know about the "discredit everything he says" thing. I've worked in the legal field re litigation. It can get nasty.

What I'm asking is, what was alleged that Clemens supposedly did or said at the party which is so significant that this becomes a point of contention between the two sides?

From the US Congress' website, here's the 3-page affidavit of Jose Canseco from Jan 2008 re that 1998 party at his house in Miami:

http://oversight.house.gov/documents/20080213150353.pdf

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat or your browser won't read this file, you can get this at www.adobe.com.
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Originally posted by fartingbob View Post
                        Is there any proof that he was at that specific party and was doing something wrong? If not then its not really useful either way.
                        It's not about what went on at the party. Clemens is attacking the validity of the Mitchell report. The report is extremely important to the Committee because it shows the drug abuse in baseball that they want cleaned up. The report claims Clemens did PEDs. Clemens claims otherwise. The report claims Clemens went to this party. Clemens claims otherwise. This is about the credibility of the Mitchell Report. Can Congress rely on this report to show the drug abuse that has gone on in baseball?
                        ?

Comment

Originally posted by MyDogSparty View Post
                          It's not about what went on at the party. Clemens is attacking the validity of the Mitchell report. The report is extremely important to the Committee because it shows the drug abuse in baseball that they want cleaned up. The report claims Clemens did PEDs. Clemens claims otherwise. The report claims Clemens went to this party. Clemens claims otherwise. This is about the credibility of the Mitchell Report. Can Congress rely on this report to show the drug abuse that has gone on in baseball?
                          So you're saying that Clemens and his attorneys are merely attacking a point brought up by McNamee, that he was at this Canseco-hosted party? So there's nothing which allegedly was said and/or done at this party which connects Clemens with PED usage? If so, now it finally begins to make sense.

Comment

Next thing you'll know there a be a date marked photo showing McNamee sticking a needle in Clemens butt with giant HGH letters on the syringe.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
                              Next thing you'll know there a be a date marked photo showing McNamee sticking a needle in Clemens butt with giant HGH letters on the syringe.
                              When that happens Roger's defense will be it was Andy's butt, and not his.
                              "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                              "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X