Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBS releases 2008 baseball schedule

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnered=rss_mlb
    "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
    ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

So, are they still going to be doing Braves games during the week?
    Religion: Yankeeist

"Hanging out with him sucks because all the women flock to him. Let's see, he's been on the cover of GQ, is rich and famous, hits for average and power and is a helluva nice guy." - Tim Raines on Derek Jeter

Comment

At least I only have to suffer through 1 regular season TBS game.
      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
        At least I only have to suffer through 1 regular season TBS game.
        2 for me. It's a whole lot better than Fox, but they somehow manage to cram in more advertisements then Fox does, and its usually for one of the two shows they actually make themselves. Some better announcers, less Ads, and ditching the stupid base path animations and TBS could provide fine coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
          2 for me. It's a whole lot better than Fox, but they somehow manage to cram in more advertisements then Fox does, and its usually for one of the two shows they actually make themselves. Some better announcers, less Ads, and ditching the stupid base path animations and TBS could provide fine coverage.
          As a Met fan, watching a game on TBS is worse than Fox.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by RubeBaker View Post
            So, are they still going to be doing Braves games during the week?
            No. :dismay:

Comment

they didn't carry many braves games last year either

Comment

NYMets523: "As a Met fan, watching a game on TBS is worse than Fox."

That is probably because you are an idiot Mets fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry515 View Post
                  NYMets523: "As a Met fan, watching a game on TBS is worse than Fox."

That is probably because you are an idiot Mets fan.
                  How am I an idiot? Does ANY fan want to watch their team on their team's rival's network?

Comment

How am I an idiot? Does ANY fan want to watch their team on their team's rival's network?
                    Well what Met fan wouldn't want to watch a broadcast that features the broadcaster singing "Beat the Mets" as was done last season?

Comment

Nothing is worse than watching your team on the rival network. From Ray Fosse pronouncing everyones name wrong, to Ken Harrelson calling the White Sox the "Good Guys", nothing is more annoying.

I wonder how many people out there hate Mike Krukow as much as we LOVE him here in SF
                      "Candlestick made me a man" -Will Clark

"Real Giants fans loved them BEFORE and AFTER Barry Bonds came along"

Comment

Funny thing is us Braves fans got majorly annoyed at Chip Caray complementing Jose Reyes and David Wright so much. So I guess it works both ways.
                        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                          Funny thing is us Braves fans got majorly annoyed at Chip Caray complementing Jose Reyes and David Wright so much. So I guess it works both ways.
                          Didn't he sing "Beat the Mets"? I know one of the Braves' announcers did. If it was Caray, then it evens out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz View Post
                            Nothing is worse than watching your team on the rival network. From Ray Fosse pronouncing everyones name wrong, to Ken Harrelson calling the White Sox the "Good Guys", nothing is more annoying.

I wonder how many people out there hate Mike Krukow as much as we LOVE him here in SF
                            I only know Krukow for his work on the MVP baseball series. He thoroughly managed to annoy me there. Granted, that was probably because they recorded idiotic one-line "insight" quotes like "This guy's best pitch is his fastball." He's probably not that bad when someone actually responds to what he says, and when he doesn't repeat himself three times a game, but his video game work was brutal.

Ken Harrelson has got to be the absolute worst regional announcer ever. The worst home run call, the biggest homer, the most annoying voice...

This, though, made me laugh out loud:

The CDC recommends that humans only be exposed to 3-4 PPM of The Hawk, so a major health advisory has been issued for the entire Illinois area, and for everyone with XM Radio.
                            (FJM)

Comment

Didn't he sing "Beat the Mets"? I know one of the Braves' announcers did. If it was Caray, then it evens out.
                              That doesn't really sound like something Chip would do. He's just an over-commenting doofus. It could have been Skip, I don't know.
                              46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X