X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brad penny or carlos zambrano?
    1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

Comment

• Carlos Zambrano, combine his stuff which he knows how to use and the amazing year he's been having, it's hard not to take him over just about anybody.

Mark Bellhorn or Todd Walker

Comment

• Walker's more proven, but Bellhorn is much more explosive, and is proving himself this season as a potent power hitter. I'd take Mark.

Craig Biggio vs. Roberto Alomar

Comment

• Tough call here but I'll go with Biggio. Both are on the downside of their respective careers but aside from 2000, Biggio has been able to put up numbers close to his career averages. Alomar's production has gone down significantly and is constantly injured.

Comment

• New England Yankee, you also have to name two other players who should be compared, just as the last person had done.

Who are the two players? Thanks.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by cloakedarbiter
              David Ortiz... i just dont like giambi, he's on the DL now anyway... Ortiz has certainly been a surprise since last year
              Weird that you'd say that... David Ortiz is the only guy on the Red Sox that I actively dislike. I'm not the hugest Giambi fan in the world, either, but Ortiz... just really rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Scott Rolen or Melvin Mora?
              "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Rolen. Rolen will probably have better offensive stats for the most part at the end, and you can't argue with offense to go along with the best 3B defense in the majors.

Comment

• Rolen's got great defense, though Mora's been on a breakthough recently.

Vladimir Guerrero or Manny Ramirez?
                  1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

Comment

• They are close as hitters, I might even give Manny the edge. The rest of the game its Guerro in a landslide. Vlad is a good oufielder, good baserunner and gives 100% all the time. None of those things are true of Manny.

Mo Rivera vs John Smoltz

Comment

• Smoltz. Nice splitter, nice slider, fast fastball. Rivera only has fastball and cut fastball, though the combination is very effective.

Billy Wagner or Keith Foulke?
                      1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

Comment

• Wagner is much more dominant.

Aramis Ramirez vs Hank Blalock
                        2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                          New England Yankee, you also have to name two other players who should be compared, just as the last person had done.

Who are the two players? Thanks.
                          My bad. I've done this before on some other boards. Usually I'm the one that has to remind people to post two new players.

Blalock. He's slightly younger and will put up better power numbers of the course of his career.

Josh Beckett or Dontrelle Willis?

Comment

• I think Willis has unmeasurable potential....I would look to the future, oh and he is'int that bad now either.

Pujols or Beltran
                            2004 ALCS Champions
                            Bosox (in 6) vs. pinstripes

University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) Class 04-05
                            Game 1: September 4, Miami (OH)

Comment

• Did you see that play where Beltran practically gave up an inside-the-park home run because he didn't hustle to field the ball? Give me Pujols.

For this year: Tom Glavine or Kenny Rogers?
                              http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

• Tom Glavine--He is pitching like he did in Atlanta. Of course, the Mets may have a better team. He pitched a one-hitter.

Jim Edmonds or Steve Finley

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X