No announcement yet.

Him or Him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagwell: although Thomas has been slightly more consistent in his damage from the plate, I would rather go for the complete first baseman. Especially if I was an NL manager.

Jim Edmonds or Larry Walker?
    http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

tough one, but i'll go with edmonds. while i don't doubt walker would have had a fine career no matter where he played, i do have a hard time believing he'd put up numbers similar to those with the rockies.

chipper jones or j.d. drew?

Comment

Seriously? Chipper Jones is building a Hall of Fame case. Drew has been an injury prone disappointment.

Which will be the top free agent firstbaseman this winter - Richie Sexton or Carlos Delgado?

Comment

That's a rough question. Delgado obviously has had a better career, but Sexson may have a better season, hard to say.

Edge Delgado for me, though.

Alex Rodriguez or Carlos Beltran?
          Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 05-16-2004, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark
            Which will be the top free agent firstbaseman this winter - Richie Sexton or Carlos Delgado?
            I say Sexson, although it will be interesting.
            Delgado has the better career line, but Sexson is 2 years younger and, although he is currently hurt, is having a better 2004.

Jim Thome or Jason Giambi?
            Conor Glassey

"The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided."
            -Casey Stengel

Comment

when drew is healthy, he's far better than chipper jones, imo.

edit: since MCF beat me to the last question, i'll pick thome. similar hitters i guess, but thome is better defensively. and, right now, a-rod over beltran. it looks beltran is only now starting to come into his own though.

roger clemens or randy johnson?
              Last edited by tibber; 05-16-2004, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Roger Clemens.

Randy is just a bunch of raw power. He's waited until his 40s to really even try to be anything more than blow-past guy. He's more injury prone and hasn't had near as much consistency over his career.

Comment

We've got 3 unanswered going here. I'll say Thome, A-Rod and Rocket .

Comment

Yeah, that's why I didn't pose a new question after answering Rocket-Unit. Too many of us answered Sexson/Delgado at the exact same time .

Comment

ok, now that we seem to have a break in the action...

mariano rivera or trevor hoffman?

edited because rivera/gagne didn't seem like a fair comparison
                      Last edited by tibber; 05-16-2004, 10:22 PM.

Comment

This was an easy decision...

Rivera, because he's Rivera and his career speaks for itself. Hoffman has a lot of fabulous pitching to do to catch Mo.

Now, how about Lou Pinella or Larry Bowa?
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Pinella hands down. Bowa has never won anything.

Curt Schilling or Pedro Martinez

Comment

Pedro. He's had a much better career and has more good years to come.

Michael Barrett or Damian Miller?
                            2016 World Series Champions

Comment

ooo... good one...

Barrett: while Miller has had the better career so far, and while Barrett has had only one good year ('99), Barrett is just so much younger that I have to take him. Heck, just moving out of Montreal seems to have injected something in him (or is it moving into Wrigley Field?).

For the future -- Bobby Crosby or Rafael Furcal?
                              http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

Furcal. He's proved to me what he can do. We'll see what Bobby can do.

Vlad or Beltran

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X