Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racosun
    This was an easy decision...

Rivera, because he's Rivera and his career speaks for itself. Hoffman has a lot of fabulous pitching to do to catch Mo.

Now, how about Lou Pinella or Larry Bowa?
    To my knowledge, the last time they faced each other ('98 WS), Hoffman didn't seem to get lots of work in, if a sweep is any indication.

I'd have taken Torre vs Piniella myself. For Mariano, I would've taken Smoltz, since he seems at least more compatible, is considered one of the better ones out there.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Give me Vlad over Beltran. He's done it longer and greater. And you can see the impact he's having on the Halos.

Dont' get me wrong, Carlos can play on my team anytime, but Vlad is outstanding.

Overbay or Texiera?
      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

It's a hard one.
        Texiera is younger.
        Overbay is performing better.

I go with Overbay because he's already got more then half the RBI's Texiera had in his first full season, and Overbay is destroying Texiera this year.
        .369-.203 average, overbay advantage. That's enough.

Omar Vizquel or Barry Larkin?
        AL East Champions: 1981 1982
        AL Pennant: 1982
        NL Central Champions: 2011
        NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

both are probably equal defensively, but larkin is better with the bat so i give him a slight edge.

jose vidro or luis castillo?

Comment

Vidro might be slower but he's better offensively.

Carlos Zambrano or Mark Buehrle?
            2016 World Series Champions

Comment

as of right now, zambrano, because buehrle doesn't seem to be the same since he made the all-star game a few years ago. and i definitely think zambrano's best years are ahead of him.

johnny estrada or jason kendall?

Comment

Originally posted by tibber
                as of right now, zambrano, because buehrle doesn't seem to be the same since he made the all-star game a few years ago. and i definitely think zambrano's best years are ahead of him.

johnny estrada or jason kendall?
                No brainer, Jason Kendall. He's just overall a better player.

Mike Mussina or Freddy Garcia?

Comment

Mussina has obviously had the better career to this point. I think Freddy finally grew up this year though and will be a ace from sombody for years to come. So, Garcia.

Jeff Kent or Brett Boone

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark
                    Mussina has obviously had the better career to this point. I think Freddy finally grew up this year though and will be a ace from sombody for years to come. So, Garcia.

Jeff Kent or Brett Boone
                    Possibly the closest argument we've had yet. Offensively, they are awefully close, and I'd give the defensive edge to Boone, so all in all, I'd say Bret Boone.

Kevin Brown or Roger Clemens?

Comment

Neither.
                      2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Clemens: He's just been healthier than Brown these past few years... and while neither of them won't be pitching much longer (we think), I'll go for the surer thing through the regular season. Let's do the frontrunners for the AL batting title.

Melvin Mora or Michael Young ?
                        http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

Either winning the batting title would be a surprise. Didnt Mora have a similar start last year and then fizzle? I Young is a better all round player.

Here's one for you Yankee fans - Bernie Williams or Kenny Lofton?

Comment

Mora got injured last year after taking a fastball to the face. That's how his stats fizzled.

I'll pass the buck on the Yankees question so's I don't hog everything.
                            http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

A fastball in the face does have a discouraging affect on your approach at the plate. Still he never really has put together a full season of quality work. I always think of him as kind of a super utility guy who fades when he gets too much playing time.

Comment

If I were a Yankees fan, I'd take Williams over Lofton. He's just done so much and had so many great years for the Yankees that he's one of the immortals in that town now. The Yanks got Lofton at the tail end of his brilliant career, so they don't have the guy in the highlight reels of years past. But I'm curious to see if any Yankee fans would disagree with that.

How about:
                                Peter Angelos or Mike Illitch?
                                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X