This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MLB.com message boards

do you guys frequent your team's mlb.com message board? I used to go on the Tigers' site but it was full of idiots who had no clue about baseball...is this how it is on other teams sites?
    "Batting stats and pitching stats do not indicate the quality of play, merely which part of that struggle is dominant at the moment."

-Bill James

I happen to find the mlb.com message boards to be uninformative and just downright silly. It's full of people who will either be asking for fights and will post random stuff on there. Add that along with total bias and a bad sense of humor, and you don't got a whole lot. I'm sure there are a few who are serious, but they are few.

Just one of the reasons why I prefer posting here.
    My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

Originally posted by Knick9 View Post
      I happen to find the mlb.com message boards to be uninformative and just downright silly. It's full of people who will either be asking for fights and will post random stuff on there. Add that along with total bias and a bad sense of humor, and you don't got a whole lot. I'm sure there are a few who are serious, but they are few.

Just one of the reasons why I prefer posting here.

agreed...I just checked the site and for the 4th straight year they are asking for a Bonderman trade saying he is finished...he's younger than I am (25)
      "Batting stats and pitching stats do not indicate the quality of play, merely which part of that struggle is dominant at the moment."

-Bill James

Comment

OMG!!! They are HORRIBLE!!!! I don't know about the others but you can only imagine the Yankees board! It's just RedSox Suck...Yankees Suck.....Arod is a @#$!!*&^ Manny is a @##$!!%^.......Arod is choker he should leave the Yanks...Jeter is the greatest short stop ever......your a @#$%&.....no your a @#$%&......it's so annoying! I think it's because anyone can post anything they want so you get your share of idiots.

This is the best board for baseball I have found, I am not trying to be a kiss up it's true! I enjoy the intellegent conversation, the great knowledge of baseball and baseball history, the great photo post and (Don't tell them this) the RedSox fans even have intellgent insightful and civil conversations with Yankee fans they are real fans who know what they are talking about and I enjoy talking with them and reading what they write

There is allot of boards out there for baseball, allot are just plain annoying, allot are good and have cool people on it but have idiots the screw it up. This one has very few jerks on it and they don't seem to last that long. As this place isn't perfect (nothing is) it's still pretty good and is the only fourm I post on regularly on any subject. I bet many feel the same way!
        39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
        2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Well, I'm not sure how popular this will be, but I don't see any need to discuss another website here. If you folks wish to discuss via PM, feel free to do so.

Right now, each of the current teams have forums right here at BBF, ready to be filled with meaningful and quite relevant discussion about their players, playoff chances, how well they're doing, how good the managers are.

We also have teams from "Yesteryear" that also get lots of useful discussions on baseball's historic past. Please fee free to discuss those things right here on BBF.

Closing.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X