Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baseball Old Timers Talk about the Steroid Issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Baseball Old Timers Talk about the Steroid Issue

    CNN just posted this article on how some Baseball Old Timers view the steroid problem....

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/28/bas...ugs/index.html

    c.

  • #2
    Interesting. It's cool to hear former players' opinions
    Originally posted by bhss89
    "Hi. My name is John. I'd like you to meet my fastball. Can you catch up to it?
    Didn't think so. I'll see you again tomorrow night around the top of the ninth."
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
    Why can't they just air the doubleheaders? Those programs aimed at children are crap anyway.

    Comment


    • #3
      There's something really great about Bill Lee. He's that guy who can say things that some people should find offensive, but most people just chuckle at.
      sigpic
      5.

      Comment


      • #4
        Some interesting comments. Wow, Warren Cromartie looks like he can still play in the big leagues!
        Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 03-29-2008, 05:39 PM.
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Scoops View Post
          There's something really great about Bill Lee. He's that guy who can say things that some people should find offensive, but most people just chuckle at.
          I'd like to see his expression after giving up a 500-foot mammoth shot to some no-name beefcake on steroids. Bet he would throw an eephus pitch to the next batter. But then again MLB teams would never sign a guy like Lee nowadays.
          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TonyK View Post
            But then again MLB teams would never sign a guy like Lee nowadays.

            Why not? Rules for signing a good pitcher change that I didn't know about?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
              Why not? Rules for signing a good pitcher change that I didn't know about?
              He might get signed but I'm not sure how long he would last. An outspoken guy like Bill Lee would ruffle too many feathers today.
              "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
              "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

              Comment


              • #8
                He might get signed but I'm not sure how long he would last. An outspoken guy like Bill Lee would ruffle too many feathers today.
                If Bill Lee kept getting guys out, he'd be "eccentric". If he got knocked around, he'd be "controversial".

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pete Rose Rounding Third View Post
                  If Bill Lee kept getting guys out, he'd be "eccentric". If he got knocked around, he'd be "controversial".
                  pretty much.

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X