Clear All

• Kerry Wood to have surgery....again

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2352970

This time it's his knee.

Originally posted by Dontworry
    OVERRATED :grouchy
    Cristobal

Comment

Cub fans nned to quit counting on this guy and look at anything he gives them as a bonus.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I knew it was going to happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
          I knew it was going to happen again.
          actually this surgery puts him back to the original time table of mid-late april. He had been about a week ahead of schedule before this. Its basically pushing him back by one week.

In reality i wasnt expecting much until May 1, and hes still on schedule to be back before then.

Lets put it this way, if a football player can have it done (Dan Hampton being a notorious example) on a monday and be playing that sunday, i think Kerry will be jussssssst fine.

Comment

Make him a closer!

Comment

Originally posted by GiantPickle
              Make him a closer!
              Worked for Eric Gagne.
              The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
              Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

We've already got a Canadian starter turned closer... Ryan Dempster.

If the Cubs can get 90 starts out of Prior, Z, and Wood, I think they should finish in 1st or a close 2nd in the NL Central.
                A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Originally posted by GiantPickle
                  Make him a closer!
                  I agree. Might be the only way he'll be able to stay healthy for more than four games at a time.

Comment

How sad that this guy can't stay healthy... die-hard Cubbie fans gotta be bangin' their heads against the wall with this dude.

But of course, I'm sure nobody is surprised...

Comment

As if the Cubs didn't have enough injuries the last few years:grouchy
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14

If the Cubs can get 90 starts out of Prior, Z, and Wood, I think they should finish in 1st or a close 2nd in the NL Central.
                        this is a hall of famer there that has shouldered the workload for the last two years

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                          Lets put it this way, if a football player can have it done (Dan Hampton being a notorious example) on a monday and be playing that sunday, i think Kerry will be jussssssst fine.
                          Kerry Wood is no football player. I think golf or bowling should be more his style. If it took a football player one week to recover from this surgury, then expect Wood back in July. (sarcasm)
                          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14

Healthy Dempster as a starter = injured-due-to-overwork Wood as a starter.
                            Healthy Wood as a closer > healthy Dempster as a closer.
                            The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
                            Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Originally posted by KingJ
                              Healthy Wood as a closer > healthy Dempster as a closer.
                              How can you say that? Wood hasn't had a save opportunity in his career. Dempster, on the other hand, has 35 saves in 37 career opportunities.
                              A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X