Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    I will make a new one based on progression of the season.
    Last edited by dbacksfan95; 04-25-2008, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Myankee4life
    replied
    Wang should at least be a choice. He has the most wins in the majors since 2005. He's usually in the top five in voting aswell. At the very least he should be a choice.

I'd take 17-20 wins and a 125 ERA+ from anybody.

Leave a comment:

• Zagi-CRO
    replied
    After Apr,22nd the best current starters /CYP/

Code:
    AL
                    CYP     W     L       ERA
    Cliff Lee	7.83    3	 0	0.40
    Zack Greinke	0.21 	3	0	1.24
    Fel Hernandez  -0.62	2	0	1.47
    NL
    Ben Sheets	4.25	3	0	0.96
    John Smoltz	3.37	3	0	0.56
    Jake Peavy	3.00	3	0	1.20
    CYP = (10*W-2*L + SO + IP - 30*(ERA+WHIP)) / GS/2
    Last edited by Zagi-CRO; 04-21-2008, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Originally posted by Westlake View Post
    And it only took 3 words to out yourself as one of the people I was talking about. Good diss though. Ouch.

No, predicting who will win the Cy Young award shouldn't be based on the first couple starts of the season. There are some homers as yourself on the site, but most of the guys in the Yankee forum aren't dense -- as opposed to the people I was talking about.
    agreed
    predicting is about the future

Leave a comment:

• Westlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    You're an idiot.
    And it only took 3 words to out yourself as one of the people I was talking about. Good diss though. Ouch.

Originally posted by BaseballRookie View Post
    I must have been mistaken. I thought this thread was all about predicting who would win the CYA. Which likely means, "taking a small sample size like 2-3 starts", and predict whether or not a pitcher would win the Cy Young award. So I guess in your eyes, the people who are posting stats of pitchers, and predicting how much wins they will total, or if their earlier prediction were right or wrong is "pretty ignorant". Also, I could've sworn that this website were populated by homer Yankee fans. I guess next time, I won't base my opinions on just 2 or 3 Yankee fans because that would be pretty ignorant.
    No, predicting who will win the Cy Young award shouldn't be based on the first couple starts of the season. There are some homers as yourself on the site, but most of the guys in the Yankee forum aren't dense -- as opposed to the people I was talking about.

Leave a comment:

• AutographCollector
    replied
    Originally posted by deroku703 View Post
    how can you put joba on that list who is a reliever and not have john main on it who won 15 last year and had a phenominal spring, sure he is off to a slow start but that could easily turn around
    That's what I'm screamin!

Leave a comment:

• deroku703
    replied
    although I don't think he'll win, (I think santana will) how can you put joba on that list who is a reliever and not have john main on it who won 15 last year and had a phenominal spring, sure he is off to a slow start but that could easily turn around

Leave a comment:

• jsmets92
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
    Yeah, like those are a dime a dozen. Big if.

edit: Verlander has now pitched 19&1/3 innings for that 6.52 ERA. Rough start but he should come around. Even with a complete game shutout his ERA would be 4.61
    I'm not saying that he is going to go out and throw a shutout, but with a few good starts, his ERA will plummet.

Leave a comment:

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Originally posted by jsmets92 View Post
    He's pitched less than 12 innings. If he goes out and pitches a shutout next start, his ERA would drop below 3.50.
    Yeah, like those are a dime a dozen. Big if.

edit: Verlander has now pitched 19&1/3 innings for that 6.52 ERA. Rough start but he should come around. Even with a complete game shutout his ERA would be 4.61
    Last edited by Old Sweater; 04-12-2008, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rockhound
    replied
    NL: Johan Santana
    AL: Daisuke Matsuzaka

Leave a comment:

• BaseballRookie
    replied
    Must be because a lot of people on this board understand that he's not as good as most of these guys and that taking a small sample size like 2-3 starts and running with it is pretty ignorant. And maybe because this isn't a board completely populated by homer Yankee fans.

.... just a guess though.
    I must have been mistaken. I thought this thread was all about predicting who would win the CYA. Which likely means, "taking a small sample size like 2-3 starts", and predict whether or not a pitcher would win the Cy Young award. So I guess in your eyes, the people who are posting stats of pitchers, and predicting how much wins they will total, or if their earlier prediction were right or wrong is "pretty ignorant". Also, I could've sworn that this website were populated by homer Yankee fans. I guess next time, I won't base my opinions on just 2 or 3 Yankee fans because that would be pretty ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• jsmets92
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
    Verlander at 0-2/6.52ERA is going to have a tough go of it now.
    He's pitched less than 12 innings. If he goes out and pitches a shutout next start, his ERA would drop below 3.50.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Ryan
    replied
    Must be because a lot of people on this board understand that he's not as good as most of these guys and that taking a small sample size like 2-3 starts and running with it is pretty ignorant. And maybe because this isn't a board completely populated by homer Yankee fans.

You're an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Westlake
    replied
    Originally posted by BaseballRookie View Post
    Where is Chien Ming Wang in this thread? He should be leading number 1 in the polls.

Leave a comment:

• BaseballRookie
    replied
    Where is Chien Ming Wang in this thread? He should be leading number 1 in the polls.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X