X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westlake
    replied
    Originally posted by redsox3438 View Post
    dont forget about JD Drew i think he will be up there especially if he keeps posting the same kind of numbers he is now.
    I'll go ahead and say there's a zero percent chance of that happening. He's just on a good streak right now.

Leave a comment:

• redsox3438
    replied
    dont forget about JD Drew i think he will be up there especially if he keeps posting the same kind of numbers he is now.

Leave a comment:

• cardsfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    Since when has one month been a better indicator of seasonal performance over past seasons?
    YES! DUH! And don't even pull out the other hot starts to the season and try to prove D-Backs and me wrong, dude! Stuff like Jermaine Dye and his 13 homer month in April and everyone going nuts about how he was gonna challenge 61 -- he, uh, ended up with 33. Especially don't mention Albert Pujols a few years ago when he had 12 homers in the first three weeks and everyone was going crazy that he was on pace to hit like 99 homers and was DEFINITELY gonna break the 73 barrier. He, uh, ended up with 49. We were close in our predictions both times. We give ourselves a ~60 homerun cushion on either side of our prediction! That's how scientific and awesome it is to base everything on April! See, don't even bring stuff like that up man because you are owned. Owned by the fact that past seasons and consistency doesn't matter -- except when Dbacks and me says it does. It does matter for guys we don't like... like those fatties, Ryan Howard and Prince Fielder. I mean come on, Prince Fielder hit 2 homeruns one season! And don't even bring up the fact he had 59 at-bats. It doesn't matter! He's just not consistent.
    Last edited by cardsfanatic; 04-29-2008, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• holyroman
    replied
    Berkman has 8 now. :bowdown:

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by dbacksfan95 View Post
    In your opinion. In my opinion, other than A-Rod, Howard and Fielder are horrible, and out-of-shape. The only guy more out-of-shape than either of them would be C.C. Sabathia and his potbelly.
    Since when has one month been a better indicator of seasonal performance over past seasons?

Howard and Fielder are big men, not necessarily out of shape and certainly not horrible. If they were so horrible would they have been able to produce as they have the last couple years? It's not like they grew over night. And Fielder has turned to vegetarianism, has adopted a healthier lifestyle.

Sabbathia has always had a potbelly. It hasn't stopped him from pitching as well as he has throughout his career. Or is all that negated because of a slow first month one year?

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Lou
    replied
    he just isn't consistent enough
    Consistent enough based on what? This year? Or his entire career?

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Originally posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
    I think Prince Fielder will do it.
    he just isn't consistent enough

Leave a comment:

• hairmetalfreek
    replied
    I think Prince Fielder will do it.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    That's a far, far bolder prediction than either Tejada or Berkman winning the HR crown.
    In your opinion. In my opinion, other than A-Rod, Howard and Fielder are horrible, and out-of-shape. The only guy more out-of-shape than either of them would be C.C. Sabathia and his potbelly.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied

I will talk to you in september but those three guy's stats will still be awful.
    That's a far, far bolder prediction than either Tejada or Berkman winning the HR crown.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    It's, um, not even May. Right now = diddly. Talk to me in September.

Berkman and Tejada are studs. But in regards to home runs, I think they've simply caught fire a earlier than the others. Sustainability is what counts and neither have the propensity for homers as the others do. Simple fact.

I will talk to you in september but those three guy's stats will still be awful.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    as of right now:
    Tejada:4
    Berkman:6

Rodriguez:4
    Fielder:3
    Howard:4

and based on slumps, I'd say Tejada and Berkman have a greater chance right now of winning it rather than your "studs". Check the stats before you say something dude.
    It's, um, not even May. Right now = diddly. Talk to me in September.

Berkman and Tejada are studs. But in regards to home runs, I think they've simply caught fire a earlier than the others. Sustainability is what counts and neither have the propensity for homers as the others do. Simple fact.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Originally posted by cardsfanatic View Post
    I'm glad you feel that way. I guess you can agree fully with me that Kyle Lohse is the front runner for the NL Cy Young award and that Johan Santana is washed up, hmmm? Since we're only talking about this season that's _LESS THAN A MONTH OLD_?

Geez, where do these people come from?
    who brought pitchers into this? and even if that was what we were talking about, santana has been far from the top of the pitcher charts.

Leave a comment:

• cardsfanatic
    replied
    well I think he is just trying to say that those 3 airheads are good because they get publicity,etc. we are talking about this season. not track records
    I'm glad you feel that way. I guess you can agree fully with me that Kyle Lohse is the front runner for the NL Cy Young award and that Johan Santana is washed up, hmmm? Since we're only talking about this season that's _LESS THAN A MONTH OLD_?

Geez, where do these people come from?

Leave a comment:

• The Roflcopter
    replied
    Big Richie

What about richie sexson?

thats meh pick

(jk its pujols)

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...