Webb or Haren?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webb or Haren?

Who is more valuable to the Diamondbacks?

I think Webb is more valuable but I like Haren's style of pitching.
    Brandon Webb
    76.47%
    Dan Haren
    23.53%
    "I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can." - Babe Ruth

Webb. Haren has 0% value for the D Backs right now.

Comment

Webb by a longshot. As much as I like Haren, I think '07 was a fluke. His ERA was low, but his WHIP actually increased.

Comment

Webb is Nr.1, no doubt.
        The Voice of Croatia - Glas Hrvatske

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
          Webb. Haren has 0% value for the D Backs right now.
          Huh? Please Explain.
          Beyond The Boxscore (still with some lime)

Comment

Originally posted by skyking162 View Post
            Huh? Please Explain.
            yes, please do. The last time I checked, your #2 Pitcher is usually valuable to your success as a team. You can't have your #1 throw every game.
            "I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can." - Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by skyking162 View Post
              Huh? Please Explain.

Hard to have value with 1 game pitched with nothing but projected value in what he done for the A's. Webb has a lot more proven value for the D Backs.

Comment

Unless Webb already pitched his future games, he doesn't have more proven value. He might also then have a cure for cancer and cold fusion, which would be sweet.

But since his projected value is a bit better I will take him and guess the NL ERA drop isn't so great for Haren. Webb is excellent and consistent since 2005.

Also, Johnson has the most Arizona proven value on the staff.
                (fantasy football)
                JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
                DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
                JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Comment

The Giants were throwing in some projected value for Zito that isn't looking to hot right now. Wtih Billy Beane counter at the helm the A's are throwing projected value all over MLB.

Comment

The Giants were throwing in some projected value for Zito that isn't looking to hot right now. Wtih Billy Beane counter at the helm the A's are throwing projected value all over MLB.
                    Why is Webb's track record with Arizona more important than Haren's track record with the A's? If Webb had been tradedd to Oakland, would you be picking Haren as more valuable? I don't get it.

Of course you can't take the raw stats at face value -- there are many signs that Haren's ERA was luckily low last year. And anyone with half a brain realized Zito was a bad signing for the Giants. But there's no reason not to assume Haren will provide about 180 innings at a 3.50 to 3.75 ERA with the DB's. That's quite valuable. But not as valuable as what Webb can be expected to provide.

Comment

Let me put it this way. With 6 IP with a 4.50 ERA is the only value that Haren has as a D Back to me vs 87 wins or so for Webb. His value is no greater or no less at this point then anyother 1st year pitcher for any club, much less being compared to a Cy Young winner.

The poll should read "Who is going to have a better year" if you want to base value on a crystal ball. Webb and Haren would be equal then along with all the other pitchers in the D Back rotation.

Comment

Let me put it this way. With 6 IP with a 4.50 ERA is the only value that Haren has as a D Back to me vs 87 wins or so for Webb. His value is no greater or no less at this point then anyother 1st year pitcher for any club, much less being compared to a Cy Young winner.

The poll should read "Who is going to have a better year" if you want to base value on a crystal ball. Webb and Haren would be equal then along with all the other pitchers in the D Back rotation.
                        The Yankees offer the Diamondbacks Alex Rodriguez for either Dan Haren or Brandon Webb. Who do you keep? Your answer is the answer to "Which player is more valuable to the Diamondbacks?"

Comment

They went above and beyond the market. Maybe a premium for a bad team? But they did pay too much for what he HAD done, and to get him right then. I doubt they ever really wanted him in 2012 at that price.

It's like Torii Hunter, they didn't want to pay him in 2011 and 2012 but they can and wanted him now.
                          (fantasy football)
                          JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
                          DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
                          JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Comment

I kind of looked at this from the point of view of which one would I rather have for the next five years. And when you realize that Webb has had five good seasons to Haren's two I have to go with Webb.
                            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Doesn't this belong on the D-Backs board?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X