Cueto looking good in MLB debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cueto looking good in MLB debut

So far, Johnny Cueto is looking great in his MLB debut. Maybe good enough that you should check out the game on Gameday, MLB.tv, or Gameday Audio.
    Don't flat out mention what he is doing though.

Come on Cueto
    Last edited by redlegsfan21; 04-03-2008, 10:58 AM.
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Well, since it's already broken up, I can say something.

I'm watching his debut on MLB Extra Innings, the dude looks filthy.

Through 6 innings he has only given up one hit, a solo shot to a future star in his own right, Justin Upton.

10 k's, 0 walks.

His stuff looks amazing. I'd watch out for this kid. Only 22 years old!

Comment

The first 5 innings you throw in MLB and your on course for a perfect game?
      I think we may be seeing more of this guy in the future. :cap:

Comment

Kid threw a great game. The way the press is now, they will soon be calling him "King Johnny be Good" before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
          Kid threw a great game. The way the press is now, they will soon be calling him "King Johnny be Good" before you know it.
          Or the next Santana.
          WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Puma View Post
            10 k's, 0 walks.
            He's the first pitcher with 10+ Ks and 0 BB in his MLB debut since 1900.

Comment

The hidden stat is that Cueto had the 200th win for the Reds at GABP. He is also the 3rd MLB pitcher to have 10 Ks and 1 H in debut.
              Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X