X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DownUnderDodger
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    Which are the top 10 most losses by teams to start the season, and in which years were those? I'm just looking for the years, the teams, the number of losses to begin those seasons.

Thanks.
    I have tried to find out that info but no luck as yet!

Leave a comment:

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver Blaze View Post
    He was here a minute ago - you just missed him.
    Drats! Ol' fart is hard to find at times.

Leave a comment:

• Silver Blaze
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
    I'll ask him if I see him.
    He was here a minute ago - you just missed him.

Leave a comment:

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
    Off topic, but why is OS constantly linking to that banner in his posts?

I'll ask him if I see him.

Leave a comment:

• AutographCollector
    replied
    Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
    What about the 1962 Mets?
    The Mets lost 10 straight starting with Opening Day.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by geezer View Post
    1997 Cubs anyone?
    I'm still trying to forget that year. god was that terrible.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied
    1997 Cubs anyone?

Leave a comment:

• NJMetfan4life
    replied
    What about the 1962 Mets?

Leave a comment:

• Evangelion
    replied
    Originally posted by banny View Post
    the tigers' woes made me wonder what the record was for consecutive losses to start a season. i think it might be the orioles of the late 1980's. is that correct?
    I believe Imgran said it's 1988. I believe they lost 21 games to start the season. I doubt the Tigers will challenge that record.

Off topic, but why is OS constantly linking to that banner in his posts?

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    I agree with you. I would have just felt better if Leyland and Zimmer would have told the truth when they left the Rockies. Sort of a pisser to hear these guys say they want to spend more time with the grandkids then see Zimmer in the Yankees dugout within a few weeks, then see Leyland land a job with a good young team with the foundation work already being done.

to be fair to leyland though, he was out of baseball for quite a few years. I think a 6 year layoff is sufficient time to spend with the grandkids, dont you?

Leave a comment:

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    The Tigers lost one manager to that about a decade ago. I'm in no way expecting that to happen, now, this is still the best team on paper Leyland has had and it's not like the personnel aren't there to right the ship. They're much better than the 88 Orioles or the Tigers pre-Leyland, post Sparky. But a long season could very well equate to, well, I'd best not say it.
    I agree with you. I would have just felt better if Leyland and Zimmer would have told the truth when they left the Rockies. Sort of a pisser to hear these guys say they want to spend more time with the grandkids then see Zimmer in the Yankees dugout within a few weeks, then see Leyland land a job with a good young team with the foundation work already being done.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Tigers better start winning or Jimmy "Quitter" Leyland will want to spend more time with his grandkids again.

The Tigers lost one manager to that about a decade ago. I'm in no way expecting that to happen, now, this is still the best team on paper Leyland has had and it's not like the personnel aren't there to right the ship. They're much better than the 88 Orioles or the Tigers pre-Leyland, post Sparky. But a long season could very well equate to, well, I'd best not say it.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Which are the top 10 most losses by teams to start the season, and in which years were those? I'm just looking for the years, the teams, the number of losses to begin those seasons.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Tigers better start winning or Jimmy "Quitter" Leyland will want to spend more time with his grandkids again.

Leave a comment:

• Imgran
    replied
    1988 to be exact, they talked about it during the broadcast.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X