X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by bob View Post
    Pujols looks like he wont be a starter this year, despite having one of the best (and consistant) starts for some time. I guess everyone by this point expected him to have 20+ homers, and are disapointed he's "only" hit 14 with a .362 BA and a .483 OBP.
    Also, some guy down in Houston is having a career year at 1B. Why cant the NL have 2 first basemen this year!?!

Although you do have to say, the NL infield is looking insanely good with Berkman/Utley/Chipper.
    I would be pretty suprised if Albert isn't the starting DH. he is 3rd in BA, 2nd in OB%, 6th in SLG%, 3rd in OPS+, 7th in HR, and 1st in BB. What non- projected starter is producing like that? Well, come to think of it, Chipper would be the best DH choice if David Wright robs him of a spot.

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    That thread was in the Yankee forum, and as mentioned, was just about finding tickets.

Since the All-Star Game has more to do with general baseball, not just Yankee Stadium where it will be held, I think that this thread is just fine under CE.
    Yeah Mattingly it's all good, we've moved over to this thread. That quote was from a while ago when dbacks guy posted bad information about ticket sales and I called him out on it. We've made up on it :atthepc

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I am, this guy tried to hijack the real all star game thread to put his handle on top, and didn't bring anything to the table

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=73612
    I'm a little late to the party, but:

That thread was in the Yankee forum, and as mentioned, was just about finding tickets.

Since the All-Star Game has more to do with general baseball, not just Yankee Stadium where it will be held, I think that this thread is just fine under CE.

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    Originally posted by bob View Post
    Pujols looks like he wont be a starter this year, despite having one of the best (and consistant) starts for some time. I guess everyone by this point expected him to have 20+ homers, and are disapointed he's "only" hit 14 with a .362 BA and a .483 OBP.
    Also, some guy down in Houston is having a career year at 1B. Why cant the NL have 2 first basemen this year!?!

Although you do have to say, the NL infield is looking insanely good with Berkman/Utley/Chipper.
    Yeah, this might be a swing year for the National League. The NL may get home field advantage in the World Series.

Leave a comment:

• bob
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    I just voted 25 times for Jay Bruce as a write-in on the All-Star Ballot

Leave a comment:

• NJMetfan4life
    replied
    Why can't the NL have a DH. Just a write-in to see who's more popular. Like Fielder DHing while Pujols plays 1st.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Who are you voting for?

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    To me it's a little early to be voting, the only players I'd be leaning towards right now would be maybe Manny Ramirez (Bosox) in LF, Brandon Webb (Dbacks) starting pitcher, and Chase Utley (Phillies) at 2B
    all of whom I voted for. On the ballot, you can't vote for pitchers. I don't know why

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    Originally posted by dbacksfan95 View Post
    Cast Your Vote!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_st...allot_reg.html

Who did you vote for?

To me it's a little early to be voting, the only players I'd be leaning towards right now would be maybe Manny Ramirez (Bosox) in LF, Brandon Webb (Dbacks) starting pitcher, and Chase Utley (Phillies) at 2B
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 04-30-2008, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Cast Your Vote!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_st...allot_reg.html

Who did you vote for?

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    I am, this guy tried to hijack the real all star game thread to put his handle on top, and didn't bring anything to the table

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=73612
    that was no real thread. it was guy asking how to get tickets.

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
    I have a friend trying.
    C'mon. Keep this civil.

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    2 weeks into the season and we already have an AS game thread...lol

Shall we start the voting now?

Leave a comment:

• NJMetfan4life
    replied
    Originally posted by dbacksfan95 View Post
    anybody going to the fanfest?
    will anybody be purchasing tickets for the game?
    I have a friend trying.

How is this an "Official Thread"? As far as I can tell you're just a regular John Doe on this message board.
    So are you.

All-star Fan-fest is an everybody-gets-in event at Javits. It is NOT the all star game
    C'mon. Keep this civil.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍