Julian Tavarez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian Tavarez

Last nights game with the Red Sox and Indians I was again impressed with Julian
    getting the Sox out of a jam. He is the definition of reliever. I also like his style,
    sort of off balance after releasing the ball but seems to get the job done.

He done so so for the Rockies. Needs to get a firmer grip on his temper though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stray Cat View Post
      I was again impressed with Julian
      I really don't like him very much. He makes me nervous as hell when he's on the mound.

Comment

He was on last night but we've all seen him when he isn't. Like most pitchers it comes down to fastball command. When he spots the fastball Julian can make that slider of his disappear and he can be deadly. When he can't spot the fastball he's got nothing.

He's usually worth the price of admission when he's pitching though. I love his attitude. Feisty. Not afraid of anything or anyone. I hope he gets the opportunity to start again at some point, but not at the expense of someone on my Sox getting hurt!

Comment

I wore a Julian Tavarez mask for Halloween once.

/jk
          sigpic

Comment

I like Tavarez. He is extremely versatile and can be effective. He can come in the game at any time on basically any amount of rest and get a pivotal groundball. He can be in the bullpen for half a season and then give you some starts when you need them. He was an extremely valuable 5th starter for some time last year as well, from April 7 to July 1 he had a 4.39 ERA in 15 GS and 84 innings.

Comment

Of all people to devote a thread to...Julian Tavarez???

He is not a good pitcher and he never really was.
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post

So if the guy is not a superstar, no one should talk about him? This isn't exactly a Julian Tavarez Thread in the history forum or anything.
                Originally posted by Domenic
                The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

As a Yankee fan, there are few people I would rather see on the mound for the Sox than Tavarez. The results are generally the same as putting Farnsworth on the hill: a good outing here or there and a carousel around the bases in between.

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post

Let's see, what team is he playing with, oh yeah the 2007 World Series Champs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X