X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Originally posted by redlegsfan21 View Post
    If you just look at all the stats, you would see that Brandon Webb isn't as great this year as you think, at least compared to other pitchers such as Lincecum (5-1, 1.61 ERA, 53 K), Zambrano (5-1, 1.80 ERA, 38 K), Volquez (5-1, 1.06 ERA, 52 K), Cook (6-1, 2.26 ERA, 23 K), and dare I say Brad Lidge (17 IP, 0.00 ERA, 9 SV, 18 K).
    hahahaha Guess webb isn't that good. he is only 8-0 :?

Leave a comment:

• OleMissCub
    replied
    Originally posted by redlegsfan21 View Post
    If you just look at all the stats, you would see that Brandon Webb isn't as great this year as you think, at least compared to other pitchers such as Lincecum (5-1, 1.61 ERA, 53 K), Zambrano (5-1, 1.80 ERA, 38 K), Volquez (5-1, 1.06 ERA, 52 K), Cook (6-1, 2.26 ERA, 23 K), and dare I say Brad Lidge (17 IP, 0.00 ERA, 9 SV, 18 K).
    But Webb has 8 WINS!!1!!!111!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Folks, please watch the insults. Name calling of any sort is not allowed here.

Leave a comment:

• Zagi-CRO
    replied
    Look at the stats - May/12
    Code:
    Cliff Lee	8.4	6	0	0.81	0.6	39	44.2	6
    Ervin Santana	3.2	6	0	2.63	0.97	45	54.2	8
    Zack Greinke	2.8	4	1	1.8	1.02	36	50	7
    Dice Matsuzaka	2.3	6	0	2.45	1.22	40	47.2	8
    Joe Saunders	1.8	6	1	2.48	1.12	24	54.1	8

Edinson Volquez	5.2	5	1	1.06	1.23	52	42.1	7
    Brandon Webb	4.7	8	0	2.41	1	41	56	8
    Tim Lincecum	3.6	4	1	1.55	1.19	49	46.1	7
    Carlos Zambrano	3.4	5	1	1.8	1.11	38	55	8
    Jake Peavy	2.2	4	2	2.47	1.08	52	54.2	8
    In the AL race some of them can't keep this pace /all except Dice-K/ but in the NL race three of them are strong contenders, like Webb, Zambrano and Peavy.
    Last edited by Zagi-CRO; 05-12-2008, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OleMissCub
    replied
    Originally posted by dbacksfan95 View Post
    no,airhead.some people just have a much too wide view. fans of zambrano for Cy Young,
    I always had suspicions that the 95 in your name meant that you were born that year. That post just confirmed it.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Originally posted by OleMissCub View Post
    You have an extremely narrow view of baseball.
    no,airhead.some people just have a much too wide view. fans of zambrano for Cy Young,

Leave a comment:

• OleMissCub
    replied
    Santana hasn't even been good hardly at all this year
    You have an extremely narrow view of baseball.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Originally posted by nerfan View Post
    And Old Sweater has lost all his baseball cred. First he says Juan (.300 SLG) Pierre is a good player, then he says that Johan Santana wouldn't be good in Coors Field. His ERA would we higher, yes, but people who actually knew the game (unlike you) would be touting him as the best pitcher in the game.
    Santana hasn't even been good hardly at all this year

Leave a comment:

• nerfan
    replied
    webb is now 8-0
    And Old Sweater has lost all his baseball cred. First he says Juan (.300 SLG) Pierre is a good player, then he says that Johan Santana wouldn't be good in Coors Field. His ERA would we higher, yes, but people who actually knew the game (unlike you) would be touting him as the best pitcher in the game.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    webb is now 8-0

Leave a comment:

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Originally posted by digglahhh View Post
    Tonight's homework: Re-read the chapter on "sample size."

I assume you guys are accepting trades offers of Cliff Lee for Johan in your fantasy leagues?...

NL CYA: I can be pretty darn sure it's going to be Webb, Santana, or Peavy. Why, because they are the unequivocal three best pitchers in the league.

So, yes Volquez has been great, Cliff Lee too. David Wright is hitting like .250, Papi like .238... It's rather early.

Not only very small sample size, it's like some fans don't recognize that a winning percentage in the 60's is darn good for any pitcher.

6-4
    12-8
    24-16
    48-32
    96-64

Leave a comment:

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    Just as much chance as Santana going 40-0 if that were to actually be the case.

Not even a close comparision.

Rockies get 20% more contact at home so I figure that the opponents have to be getting at least 13-15% more contact. It's a lot tougher to pitch here for a few seasons then 1-3 times a season. We've only had 2 big name ptichers here in their prime, Hampton(before injuries) and Kile(all star before & after Rockies) and they both got hammered here.

Like I said, there is a good chance if Santana pitched here he wouldn't be getting all the fame, praise and awards that he recieves now, as with any other pitcher. A helluva better chance then going 40-0 anyways.

Leave a comment:

• digglahhh
    replied
    Tonight's homework: Re-read the chapter on "sample size."

I assume you guys are accepting trades offers of Cliff Lee for Johan in your fantasy leagues?...

NL CYA: I can be pretty darn sure it's going to be Webb, Santana, or Peavy. Why, because they are the unequivocal three best pitchers in the league.

So, yes Volquez has been great, Cliff Lee too. David Wright is hitting like .250, Papi like .238... It's rather early.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
    There is a good chance if Santana spent his career with the Rockies that he wouldn't even be in this poll.
    Just as much chance as Santana going 40-0 if that were to actually be the case.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X